September 21, 2013

Hailey starts Preschool

Hailey turned 3 and then started preschool just four days later! She will have 3 years of preschool, and is the baby of the class with her end of August birthday; for us this year is just for fun! She is going 2 days a week for 2.5 hours at our favorite preschool around, where Andrew and Ashley have been the past few years. 
When we got there she was already pretty familiar with everything from having dropped off her big brother and sister there the past 2 years, which helps a lot for a shy little one like her. 
We were a few minutes early and she started playing immediately. This was as close as I could get her to stop playing and look up at the camera. 
 She found a spot on the rug and smiled as I left, success! 
 Cute Kate!
Hailey was very quiet but, she loved preschool the first day, the second and third day too. During the second week I got to stay for the first half hour one day when they talked about babies, and I gave Katie a bath in a big basin of water. The kids loved it and Hailey too but, that was the first time Hailey cried as I left. By the third week she was comfortable enough to speak up and cry when I left and want to come home with me. We put her beloved blankie in her school bag and she can get it out when she needs to, which has been some time each day, and that's ok too. She has 2 neighborhood girls in her class, Clara and Mary, and is now really liking her once a week play dates with them too.

No comments: