This is a big school year for our family! Andrew started 1st grade, Ashley started Kindergarten and Hailey started her first year of Preschool! Luckily, the start dates were spread out and we eased in one at a time.
~
Andrew's first day was Wednesday, August 21st. Andrew was sort-of excited to go but, sort-of not because: 1) We had the best summer!!! Summer is awesome and school is a bummer! I tried to hide it but, he knows I feel that way so it was hard for him not to feel that way too. 2) He knew that I was home with his sisters and we had lots of time for fun without him, though we really didn't do much because I felt too guilty and knew the girls would tell him too. 3) He is a sleep-in champion who does not like waking up (even though our school starts late at 9am) and I had to wake him up for the first day, even after we'd been trying to practice. 4) His best buddies are in the other two classes. He has friends in his class and has already made new ones too but, his favorites are mostly in one of the other two classes. 5) It is all day long. He was really excited to go to school because 1) He loves 3 recesses! 2) He gets to eat lunch at school 3) He loves being with friends and always has fun.

On the first day he was a little bit nervous but, didn't show it much. Instead of a back to school night, parents of first graders came to the first 20 minutes of class for class information. In no time at all the kids lined up, waved goodbye and were off for a tour. Andrew's teacher is amazing! Several moms have told me that she's the best in the entire school. I feel so lucky to have him with her. I left composed and smiling and then went home to cry my eyes out for a bit. I miss my buddy!
On the first day he was a little bit nervous but, didn't show it much. Instead of a back to school night, parents of first graders came to the first 20 minutes of class for class information. In no time at all the kids lined up, waved goodbye and were off for a tour. Andrew's teacher is amazing! Several moms have told me that she's the best in the entire school. I feel so lucky to have him with her. I left composed and smiling and then went home to cry my eyes out for a bit. I miss my buddy!
Andrew getting off the bus. His report was "It was awesome! But long." He had a great first day, and has liked each day since too, (except for one day when he came home early with an ear-ache, went to the doctor and we found out he had 2 ear infections!) We've both gotten used to how long it is and he is starting to wake up on time about half of the days.
Posing with Luke after the bus ride home. They both look exhausted after a long first day. It took him about a week to get used to being there for so long.
Ready for the second day
The girls and I after watching Andrew off on the bus!
Ashley anxiously waited for Kindergarten to start! It was a hard week-long wait for this excited cutie!
Friday was the 3rd day of school, and that night we had our backyard movie night on the blowup screen. This time was Andrew's turn to choose and lots of friends and neighbors came to watch Night at the Museum with us. Andrew got a huge bump and cut from being a crazy boy on our trampoline with lots of crazy buddies but, other than that it was a great end to his first week of full day school!
No comments:
Post a Comment