Andrew's 7th Birthday Party was a week after his birthday. He loves LEGOs and so that's what we went with. I hate to be exclusive and that makes for a big guest list once you tally up school friends, primary friends, soccer friends, new class kids, street friends, cousins and a few others too, (though we did draw the line and say boys only except family). In all, he invited 29 boys, not including cousins and we had 26 come, plus my kids and 3 cousins, made 33 kids! I knew it would be crazy and it didn't disappoint!
The bounce house is a great way to get some energy out but, it's also a great way to have kids get hurt. We had one bloody nose and a few bonked heads - just like last year!
We split the kids into 3 friend groups and 1 sibling/cousin group and rotated the 4 groups through 4 LEGO game stations. My group did the best probably because I knew the games best. If I could do it over, for this party, I would have had the adults or helpers stay at their station and not rotate with their group but, I was one adult short to make it work, so I should have hired some babysitter helpers!
These kids are all obsessed with bunny ears behind someone's head for a picture. I have about a million.
I like the picture below because of cute Katie in the top left corner. That poor baby spent large portions of time just crawling around. I kept an eye on her but, I was pretty impressed that she never got hurt and that she was so well entertained. She was especially happy when she got a hold of a half eaten plate of melty ice cream!
Nana was so nice to come work, and Dave left work to be there too but, the three of us were just not quite enough for that many kids. I felt totally fine with the chaos but, I'm used to being home with kids and play dates all the time plus I know all these kids. I think Dave and Nana were counting down the minutes. Like I said, next time I'll plan a day when I can get more help, or hire some.
Then we did a pinata. It was sooo hard to make sure every kid got a turn and even harder to make sure that each kid got a fair amount of candy. I told Andrew that this was his last pinata because they are too big for it now. The pinata took so long that we didn't even make it to the next game.
Then we rushed to cake and presents. See those bunny ears, it never gets old.
Andrew had a LEGO block cake and cupcakes.
I would love to do no presents at all but, Andrew was pretty thrilled with his over the top loot.
The group. It was big but, they all had so much fun!
Happy Birthday Andrew! We sure love you!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment