September 14, 2013

Ashley starts Kindergarten!!!

Miss Ashley started Kindergarten on August 28th! Having Andrew go to first grade the entire week earlier made her super excited for her chance and she could hardly wait! 
 The 3 kindergartners from our ward; Ashley, Lily and Aiden. Ashley's age group has always been so tiny in our neighborhood and it turns out that it's a tiny age group for our entire school area. The grade has about half as many kids as Andrew's grade and so instead of 4 half-day kindergarten classes there are just 2. Ashley's class has just 7 girls and 16 boys while the afternoon class has the opposite situation. I am still disappointed that the school didn't even it out but, apparently they give people what they request. Luckily, Ashley is loving the girls that are in her class, usually makes friends with boys pretty well and is happy each day. 
 This face shows just how excited she was! When she got home she was happy, excited and ready for more. She loves going to school each morning and comes home having loved it each day. I feel really lucky to have Ashley because she is helpful, sweet and fun at home and then so easy and wants to go and do and try everything. 
 Waiting for the morning bus on Ashley's 2nd day! Andrew's class was having green day...promise. She was just as excited to go on the bus as anything else. 
 Up and off she goes! I was a little disappointed that Andrew didn't sit by her since he is so engrossed in his own social networking but, luckily Ashley is a happy and strong girl who manages well on her own. 
When we shopped for backpacks Ashley was pretty disappointed in the options (and I was too). We had to search online to find something just right and we hit the jackpot with this one because she loves it and it is so her! 
Having Ashley in Kindergarten wasn't a hard transition since it's half-day and feels a lot like preschool. Plus having Andrew go to first grade makes kindergarten feel really short. But, I still am amazed that my baby girl has grown so quickly. I can't explain how dear she is to me. She is sweet, fun, funny, sensitive, crazy, wild, loud, loving, giving, cuddly, smart, interested, artistic and independent. My favorite time with her is the moment she gets off the kindergarten bus in the afternoon. She gets dropped off on the corner of our circle and if we are alone (because the baby girls are both napping) I get to pick her up and walk back four houses to home. I hear about her exciting day and it's wonderful because I get to hold her in my arms and she wraps her arms around my neck and looks all around and plays with my hair while I walk and she talks, and...I love it and I love her.

No comments: