November 30, 2012

Thanksgiving Day

This year we had a very simple Thanksgiving. We had just one dinner at Dave's parents and a pretty low key day. Dave's family is small, so we had dinner, went for a walk and that's about it. 

Here are the only noteworthy happenings of the day: 
*Katie, the angel baby, slept through all of dinner and most of the evening, making my dinner extra calm. 

*Andrew got mad at me when he saw his cousin Joe wearing basketball shorts, rather than the jeans and a button shirt I had made him wear that day. Andrew only likes to wear athletic shorts or pants and t-shirts. Anything with buttons is dressing up to him. I just gave away several pairs of jeans that he grew out of without ever even wearing. 

*Here's an event I'd have liked to have done without! Great-Grandma Gretchen (Pat's Mom) is at a point where she doesn't remember anything. She has also become very grumpy. We've never really known her well, since she's always lived away. Now she is in Salt Lake at a care facility. On Thanksgiving just before dinner Ashley climbed up on a chair and was about to climb up on the table to get a pickle. Gretchen gave Ashley the scariest, meanest, point-your-finger and scowl, old-lady scolding I've ever seen or heard. Luckily, it was short and her voice isn't as loud as she'd probably like it to be so I don't think Ashley really heard her words, and I was right there to whisk Ashley away and reassure her, so Ashley wasn't traumatized. 
~
My goofy, handsome crew on Thanksgiving.  
 These two girls are sure beautiful
 And this one too! 
Ashley and Hays after Thanksgiving weekend Church 
I am grateful for so many things. My kids, and being their mother, is one of the blessings I cherish most. 

No comments: