November 11, 2012

Katie's First Sunday at Church

Katie went to her first day of church the day before she became 6 weeks old. I love the Sundays when, as a new mom, I get to stay home in the quiet and just enjoy baby. I've also kept Hailey home each of these Sundays because she hates nursery and I love her. It's been a special time for Hailey and I to play and read books and have fun. I'd have liked to have stayed home longer, really but responsibility starts to call. 
~
Kate on the day before 6 weeks old. I love this little chipmunk and her bright blue eyes too!
She wore the same dress both of her older sisters first wore to church. Partly because it's one of the only ones small enough to fit and partly because there is something special for me in looking at this little dress and remembering each of my daughters in it when they were so new. I think when I'm old I'll surround myself with my memories like this and be happy. 
 At 6 weeks Katie started to share her first smiles with us. Here is a teaser from when she first started to try. 

No comments: