Halloween is such a fun holiday with children. With a newborn in tow we didn't go to most of the activities we usually do but, we still managed to do a lot and feel really busy.
~
First: The week before Halloween Hailey got her cast off! Hooray, hooray! I didn't want to wish Katie's first month away because I've really been enjoying her so much but, I was counting down the days until Hailey's cast would come off!
Heading to the Doctor
I was so lucky Dave could take her, since they waited for over an hour. Hailey was so good.
It's gone! She kept her leg in the casted position for several days, just like they told me she would. Now it's been a week and she seems to be back to normal almost all the time.
One day we had a winter preview and the kids were thrilled. They were out shoveling early. Ashley left a snow angel on several of our neighbors lawns. It was fun but, I was grateful the weather warmed up again quickly.
Below: Fun at the Ward Trunk or Treat and Chili Cook-Off.
This year we had Tinkerbell (and sometimes a Cat), an Owl and the Green Ninjago Ninja. Katie was dressed up as a bear but, she was also sleeping soundly in my front-pack and missed all the pictures.
~
Last year I said no more lame costumes for Andrew but, I caved again and he picked the latest. Not next year! Ashley really wanted to be an owl this year. I don't know how she got that idea but, it was cute and new. Hailey doesn't really get it and wore Ashley's old costumes.

This year we had Tinkerbell (and sometimes a Cat), an Owl and the Green Ninjago Ninja. Katie was dressed up as a bear but, she was also sleeping soundly in my front-pack and missed all the pictures.
~
Last year I said no more lame costumes for Andrew but, I caved again and he picked the latest. Not next year! Ashley really wanted to be an owl this year. I don't know how she got that idea but, it was cute and new. Hailey doesn't really get it and wore Ashley's old costumes.

It was hard to get a picture of Hailey without candy in her mouth! She may not understand Halloween but, she sure gets candy!
Ashley's Ballet Studio had a family Halloween Carnival. It was free fun and the kids liked the bounce houses, games, craft and junk food. Poor Hailey wanted to go in the bounce houses so bad but, she had her cast taken off just 2 days earlier and I'm NOT doing that again so she can't jump with big kids anymore.
Face Painting
Carving Pumpkins
Dinner at Nana's house. We love our cousins!
Our Ward YM/YW host a party for the Primary each Halloween and it is always a hit. The funniest part of the night for me was when our group rotated to the activity in the nursery. Hailey hates nursery! (She's been staying home with Katie and I for weeks!) When she saw the nursery door we were going in she started crying, and she really didn't relax until after we had been out of there for a few minutes.
Ashley the Owl and Hailey the Cat.
Andrew and some classmates; Caroline, Caroline and Seth.
Cutie Kates after the party
The school parade! We waited almost 30 minutes for about 10 seconds!
I was a volunteer helper at Ashley's preschool for the Halloween Carnival. She is on the top, right. Her class is dominated by boys but, it's cute and it works out since Ashley likes boys much more than girls.
Ready to Trick-or-Treat!
Katie and I joined for a while. She slept through it all.
Papa and Nana came for a while too.
I took Katie home to hand out candy while the rest of the crew kept going. She is wearing the same Bear costume that Andrew, Ashley and Hailey each wore their first Halloween. It fit Ashley best, whose late June birthday is the earliest of our kids, and it dwarfed sweet Katie whose late September birthday is the latest of our group.
Dave called me and said that Ashley and Hailey were exhausted but, Andrew wasn't! Andrew said "I want to trick or Treat with mom, she's my best friend". When I heard that I met them with the car and Dave drove all the girls home while Andrew and I kept on going on our own. We didn't see many other people and lots of houses were closed for the night but, he was loving every minute and it was fun to be alone with my buddy. We made it home and everyone went straight to bed! Another Happy Halloween!





















No comments:
Post a Comment