April 4, 2013

Pre-Easter

Our cousins were out of town for Easter weekend and so Nana and Papa hosted an early Easter breakfast and egg hunt the weekend before. 
 Side notes about Ashley: She has always been amazing at keeping us on our toes and now has surprised us once again by declaring that pink is her favorite color. She had put pink in very last place ever since she learned her colors. She has always been fine with the fact that 90% of her clothes are pink but, never liked it for anything else - I couldn't even get her to use a pink plate or cup, and she was offended when anyone else assumed she liked pink. But, for right now pink has become a favorite and I can only assume that it is either the influence of friends at school or the fact that two of her boy cousins (Joe and Ethan) love pink. The other surprise was when I showed her this funny hand-me-down dress and she wanted to wear it to school and to Nana's house. That was a big deal because she only wears dresses to church. I can't stress enough the fact that I love everything about Ashley's independent nature. She has an obsession for animals, an admiration for her brother, a disdain for princesses and dolls, and a great big personality. I don't care what colors she likes and I certainly don't care if she likes to wear a dress or not, I just think it's funny to watch.  
 Hailey thought searching for candy filled eggs was about the best idea we ever had. Nana color codes the eggs so each kid is looking for one articular color or type of egg. It is sooo wonderful and a good thing for Hailey because she opened each egg and ate the candy before moving on. 
 Nana also hides a few presents around too. She really is the best. Notice that Ashley got the pink bucket and eggs this year which thrilled her and made Hailey very jealous. 
Ashley and Andrew were tackling just before we went and Ashley got poked in the eye. It bothered her off and on, (but mostly on) most of the morning, especially in the bright light. When it was still painful in the late afternoon we took her in and weren't surprised that she has a small tear in her cornea. The doctor fixed her right up and I was reminded for the millionth time how grateful I am for access to good medical care and to live in this time. In this picture she has pirate eye, poor thing. 
 Will, Andrew and Andrew's idol: Joe Joe. 
 Callie, Kate, Liz, Ashley, Hays, Will, Andrew and Joe Joe

No comments: