Our Spring Break this year was really great in most ways but, it started out with a blown transmission on my Tahoe so, we had to cancel some plans and be creative a bit too. My car was at the mechanic are 10 days! We were lucky enough to borrow Dave's sister's car several of those days, since they flew back East. We are also in the middle of finishing our basement which keeps Dave really busy and sucks up all our money too! I didn't take many pictures of our fun week but, I wanted to document what we did because it was a great week and gave me a taste of summer vacation and how much I love the break from school and schedules!
~
Thursday night: Beautiful weather! We took a long walk and didn't worry about the clock at bedtime.
Friday: Library, Playground, girls to the doctor. Ashley got her kindergarten shots. I didn't dare warn her beforehand but, she did great. She's grown well too: 35.6 lbs (28th%) and 41.54 inches (45th%). Katie got her 6 month shots and it was sad as always. I felt horrible when she looked at me with her sad eyes and seemed to wonder why I wasn't helping her. Her stats were 13 lbs 9 oz (8th%) and 26.97 inches (87th%). Lucky Andrew missed the doctor for a play date at Luke's instead, Dinner at Panda Express, Sugarhouse Park playground and feeding bread to the ducks.
Saturday: Dave took Andrew and Ashley skiing. Pizza Dinner. Dyed Easter Eggs. Played in our backyard with all the neighbor kids.
Sunday: Easter Egg Hunt, Church, Dinner at Nana's with more egg hunts
Monday: Cold day. Andrew had a play date at Matt's house. The girls and I had a pretty unexciting day but, we did get work hard cleaning Kim's car as a thank you for letting us borrow it.
Tuesday: Morning bowling with the Kirkham's, Matt over for a playdate, Ashley's first spring soccer practice
Wednesday: Ogden Day Trip! Children's Treehouse Museum, Dinosaur Land and Train Museum
Thursday: Ashley had creative dance, Ward play date at the park with lots of friends and cousin Lizzie too, Lizzie over for a play date, Neighbor kids all out playing tag until late. Hailey felt sick that night.
Friday: I took Andrew and Ashley skiing for our last day of the season. Ashley felt sick that afternoon.
Saturday: First Soccer games of Spring. Andrew scored 8 of his teams 10 goals! They won 10 to 1 or 2. He had so much fun and said he was "on fire". Ashley got in there and kicked the ball several times! I felt sick that morning. Watched and loved Conference.
Sunday: Conference! The best weekend of the year!
~
The Treehouse Museum in Ogden is...well, kind-of strange. There are a lot of small display cases full of things you can't touch and tons of small exhibits that are each as unrelated to each other as can be. We'd never been there before and my kids liked it a lot and I was happy with that. Here are a lot of pictures. Andrew insisted I take pictures at every turn, which I actually am grateful for or I'd have taken very few.
Andrew immediately sat in the Tepee and did this serious meditation pose. Where on earth would he have picked that up?
Andrew took this one for me. He is really a sweet boy and such a great best buddy.
The fish tank may have been my animal loving girls' favorite thing of all.
I have a picture of him posing with every single musical instrument on display. He didn't even care about the exhibit, just getting pictures in it.
Hailey made it a point to climb on top of everything climbable.
We spent about an hour and a half at the treehouse museum, which was plenty. We headed straight to the Dinosaur Park. When walking in a parking lot or sidewalk Hailey loves yell "hold my hands" to Andrew and Ashley, so even though this picture looks staged it isn't and they are honestly that cute.
Dinosaur Land was a hit. My kids really like dinosaurs, being outside and having room to run so, it was a good fit. Most of the dinosaurs are very big and the perfect weather made for a great time. The dinosaur park also has a fun playground and an area for digging up dinosaur bones in the sand.
At first Hailey wasn't sure that these creatures were pretend and she kept a good watch.
You are supposed to stay back behind the ropes or gates but, I lost control of my kids a few years ago so, there they were constantly getting a closer look (touch).
I've mentioned it before but, my camera is on it's way out. Taking pictures outside is getting worse and worse and they are so overexposed I can hardly see them myself.
Photo courtesy of Andrew to prove that I was there too!
Then we headed straight to Ogden's Union Station which has a train museum. By then the two baby girls were fast asleep in their car seats so, we didn't go inside where there is also a gun and car museum. I just parked the car and we saw the great, big trains outside for about 10 minutes that were right there so I didn't have to go out of sight of the car. It worked out really nicely.
Our day trip to Ogden was really great and since I hadn't been there in so many years it felt like a brand new place. By the end the kids were all wiped out and happy too. I really wish I'd taken pictures of our ski days, bowling and other fun days during spring break, it was a great week.
















No comments:
Post a Comment