We started a new Easter traditions this year that I hope we remember. It was Andrew's idea to have egg on a spoon races with the hard boiled eggs before we decorated them. It didn't take any time or preparation and was really funny.
Dying the eggs
Easter morning. Hunting inside the house first.
Then outside too
Enjoying the loot. They all loved the candy, of course. They each got a new small lego set. Andrew's was Ninjago and he was thrilled, Hailey's was a pink bucket of legos and she loved it, Ashley's was a lego zoo set and she liked it but, not nearly as much as her new stuffed bunny.
Coming home from Church
Ignore the over exposed kids who can't look up because of the too bright sun...focus on the handsome photo bomber back there!
Here is another one of my attempts at a group shot. It didn't work out...3 hours of church plus lots of Easter candy didn't help and neither did the fact that my beloved camera seems to be getting worse and worse all the time. Believe it or not, here are the best ones.
Andrew hamming it up
It was a pretty teary eyed set of pictures...oh well. They looked adorable in their Easter dresses.
As we left for family Sunday dinner Ashley got to spend a few minutes with another one of her favorite neighbor dogs, Harley.
Happy Easter!
We started (or ended) another tradition this year too...I've been struggling with how many fictional characters are introduced to our children and the Easter Bunny seems to me to be the most creepy and most abstract of all, especially on a holiday that celebrates something special and sacred. So, this year I didn't say anything about the Easter Bunny coming at all. Then, when Ashley asked me if the Easter Bunny was real I asked her what she thought. She didn't really respond but, she asked how the eggs and candy get hidden. I asked her to think about who she thought hid the eggs and candy the week before when we were at Nana's house. She beamed and said "Nana", so all I did was smile and nod yes. Then the wheels started clicking and she said "Then you and dad hide the eggs" and with that I said, "Yes". She wasn't shocked or disappointed at all. The funny thing is that she told Andrew over and over again, but he didn't want to believe her and that's fine too.















No comments:
Post a Comment