April 30, 2013

April

I came into the office and saw a blue marker signature right in the center of the room, and right where Ashley was laying on her belly coloring. I gasped "Who did this?!" and she fired back "Not Me!", I should have gotten mad but, it was so funny that I couldn't help laughing, plus the carpet is so gross already that I don't even care. Here we are a few weeks later and her signature is still the same. 
The guilty culprit, not feeling guilty at all. 
Sweet, beautiful Katie. I can't get enough of this angel. She likes this toy so much, loves to roll and roll and roll, is eating her solid foods really well now, is super ticklish, loves to laugh at the kids, charms adults with her quick bright smile and is even starting to sleep better at night with no insistence from me. She is so easy and a perfect little sidekick. 
Spring Soccer is in full swing. We're already mid-season! It's so much fun. 
~
Andrew: He loves to play soccer. He has so much fun playing. He really loves being with his teammates and being cheered on by family. He is a very good player and he does a nice job of cheering for his friends too and not bragging or putting others down. 
Game 1:  8 goals! His team won 10 to 1
Game 2:  2 goals. His team won 4 to 3
Game 3: cancelled for heavy rain, even though Ashley's game happened on the next field over through the rain. He would usually have been pretty sad and pouty except he was so cold from watching Ashley's game he was ready to go home. 
Game 4: 4 goals. His team won 7 to 1. Got reprimanded by the other team's coach for a slide tackle, which he did do but, not intentionally - he's 6. 
~
Ashley: She has the best attitude. She is always ready to play and happy about it. She tries really hard, unless she is distracted, and she is really proud of herself. She sings herself superhero theme music when she kicks the ball or when she's after the ball. Her coach is pretty wonderful to her and she loves to get out there and play and run. She is kicking the ball a lot more this season than last Fall and we sure love to cheer her on!
Game 2: Ashley had a goal! It came with a big help from ward pal Aiden but, a goal is a goal! 

Ashley loves to play soccer but, she really loves dogs. She doesn't ever miss one and is quick to run up and ask if she can pet it. She got bit this last Saturday, which makes 3 bites for her in her life. Pretty scary but, she doesn't care. Her love for animals is sincere and the bites don't stop her even though I wish they would a little. 
Loyal fans Dave and Katie. Nana and Papa rarely miss a game either. 
We got really lucky this year and Andrew and Ashley's soccer fields are right next to each other, and close to home too. Also lucky, our fields have some pretty fun, yet contained mountain places to wander and explore. Hailey keeps herself busy wandering around, and pilfering team treats at the end of each game. 
I should have a better soccer picture of Andrew this season but so far this is it! One week I only had it out during Ash's game and the other weeks forgot or it was too sunny...I keep complaining about my camera; it is so temperamental. 
Cute kids after church
Ashley has such great hair. She hates having it done each day but, it is so cute!
 Katie is such a smiley baby. She smiles immediately and at everyone! 
I love this calm expression too. 
Katie, just four days shy of 7 months old. Cute as a button. 
 I think each of my kids have fallen asleep in this highchair, I'm sure that each of the girls did but, not so sure about Andrew. Katie is the youngest yet...guess that's what happens with more kids around. 
 Hailey and Katie sleeping in late in my bed. Hailey has always been the most amazing sleeper...until lately. Everything changed once she learned to climb out of her crib. Now she's in a bed but, she isn't great about staying in it. I can honestly say that I don't mind. It won't last forever and 2 year olds are so sweet to cuddle. Hailey's been joining us most mornings between 5 and 7 am and snuggling back to sleep until 8 or so.
 Katie is just now wanting to spend more time in her own crib. The past few nights she's squirmed and acted like she actually wanted to be out of my bed and into her own crib. Then, once I lay her down in her crib she's immediately stopped crying and slept soundly. It's pretty amazing really that my girls have each fallen into schedules and sleeping on their own, without ever being sleep trained like poor baby Andrew was. It does take a little longer but, it's so worth it to me. 
Ashley's creative dance class had parent participation day. She loves this dance class and I do too. We lucked out this semester with a tiny class and being in the kindergarten age class too, even though she's still 4. It's a small class of just 5 sweet girls, 2 are PreK and 3 are Kindergarten.  The reason it matters is that it means she gets to be in the Spring Performance a year earlier than usual, and performances are the most fun. 
 Miss Joni is amazing. 
 Katie has teeth! Her two middle, bottom teeth came in without a complaint or symptom, just like big brother and sisters. I could first feel both little teeth just beneath the surface on April 14th and by the 18th they'd broken through. In this picture she's showing those new pearly whites. She's still nursing, and has been biting me a little now and again but, so far not too bad and less now as she's getting more used to having them. 
She's been playing with her new teeth with her tongue non-stop. 
 Andrew found a new fun game and has introduced just about every one of his friends to it.
Here's Luke and Ashley giving Andrew a ride during a morning playdate. 
 Cute Hailey was still in jammies then she went inside and came right back out in the nude. She loves to take off her clothes!
 Home from church and not in the mood for another of my posed photos...
 But, he's such a good boy that he did it anyway. I love this picture because I can't decide which kid is the most miserable. I think poor Katie wins. 
 Such a good, sweet boy and such a good, sweet baby.
 Love these sassy, goofball beauties. 
 It wouldn't be Spring if Ashley couldn't surprise me by bringing giant worms into the house at breakfast time.  Hailey hates bugs and wouldn't touch a worm for anything, Ashley never met an animal or insect she didn't love. 
Lastly, this picture is from a birthday party Andrew went to in February, courtesy of Owen's mom's blog. I don't know who's braver - Andrew for holding a tarantula or his mom, Leslie, for having so many gross creatures in her house. 

1 comment:

Kristin said...

wow!! what a fun month! and your kids are just the cutest!! you have such a sweet family!!