On September 25th Andrew and Ashley had their school fundraiser, the Jog-a-thon. It is a really fun event for the kids and I love it because the school gets to keep all of the money donated and I don't have to buy a product I don't want. Each grade has their own time slot and they run laps for 20 minutes. They get a stamp on their arm each time they run a lap. Parents can come cheer on the kids and it's really very low key and fun. Luckily, I could see both my kids' races in the morning because a lot can change in a few hours and it turned out to be a big, big day for our family!
~
Ashley did such a great job! She is fast! She ran 9 laps, and I didn't hear of any first grader who did more than that (though there may have been). She was working hard! Last year she got 8, so she was proud of herself too!
All done and tired!
Relaxing with her good friend Nathan and Donte too.
She and Nathan are cute friends.
The night before Andrew had come into my room with a tummy ache. Then he threw up what seemed like a gallon. By morning he felt better and I figured it was probably all the junk from Katie's Birthday party but I wasn't sure. He went back and forth on whether or not to go to school that day but, decided to go. I was glad because I knew he'd be sad to miss the Jog-a-thon and all the hoopla that goes with it in the following weeks.
~
He must have been feeling ok because he did 11 laps along with many of his friends. A couple boys got 12 laps (which he got last year) and I was happy to see that Andrew didn't seem to care very much. He is a good runner and I was impressed that he did so well not feeling his best. Here he is coming up on Job, they are good buddies and ended up running together the rest of the time.
Coming up on Cole too, a friend from our ward.
After the race with Charlie, Landon, Luke, Davis, Job and Andrew man
No comments:
Post a Comment