I looked forward to my hospital stay and all the quiet time I would have with my new baby. I had some fabulous nurses, the food was usually good and I was happy to spend the time quietly. In the past I sent most my babies to the nursery at night but, for some reason I didn't want to do that with Nathan. Maybe because of the scary labor, maybe because he is my last baby, I'm not sure. I felt sentimental in the hospital room, knowing I wouldn't do this again. Having a new baby is magical and even though I feel absolutely complete and happy, it's still a strange feeling to end a chapter of life that has been so special, miraculous and rewarding.
~
We were in the hospital from Thursday afternoon when he was born until Saturday morning in between soccer and flag football games. Our other kids had that first full day (Friday) off of school so Dave took them with his mom to the zoo in the morning, a nap for Katie in the afternoon and then to Cherry Hill's Scarry Hill that night with cousins too. They had a great time.
~
He is beautiful, tiny and smells so sweet. His cry is tiny too. I love his big lips and handsome features. I am in love with how he curls up so tiny when I hold him.
He's a skinny guy so his xiphoid process stuck out prominently but, as he's getting bigger it already isn't so obvious. His skull bones are also prominent but, I've been assured it's just part of being born for many babies and will change as he grows.
He struggled to nurse very well at the hospital but, I wasn't too worried since I've had some great nursers and some poor nursers and somehow we've all learned and done well.
Someday I might want to remember what our hospital room looked like...maybe.
Saturday morning was rainy and cold. Ashley's soccer game was cancelled and Andrew played in his (apparently he did awesome, though I missed it). Dave and the kids came to pick up Nathan and me. I loved seeing my ragamuffins.
~
We are absolutely overwhelmed by 5 but, I feel so incredibly blessed and lucky. I feel lucky to have these precious babies and that there are so many of them. They are ours and we are theirs and we are lucky. I am so happy they have one another too, and so close in age is just fun.
~
We are absolutely overwhelmed by 5 but, I feel so incredibly blessed and lucky. I feel lucky to have these precious babies and that there are so many of them. They are ours and we are theirs and we are lucky. I am so happy they have one another too, and so close in age is just fun.
I had to include this picture because Hailey's face is just so funny.
He is such a tiny guy and suddenly Katie baby is looking so very big!
Welcome Home!

Life only slows down for a few minutes...Andrew and Dave were off for a rainy afternoon flag football game, visitors started coming by and we all jumped right back into life. Luckily, I have amazing friends and neighbors who've been driving my kids everywhere for me and bringing meals too. The 3 littlest ones and I have had some nice downtime during the weekdays to just be, which is wonderful.

Life only slows down for a few minutes...Andrew and Dave were off for a rainy afternoon flag football game, visitors started coming by and we all jumped right back into life. Luckily, I have amazing friends and neighbors who've been driving my kids everywhere for me and bringing meals too. The 3 littlest ones and I have had some nice downtime during the weekdays to just be, which is wonderful.
Two years and one day apart! Time sure flies quickly and kids sure do grow quickly!
Day 4, Sunday
We are happy at home. I love having him here. I love that he's mine. I love being done with pregnancy worries like is he kicking enough...the worrying goes on but, at least he's here in my arms. I love being his mom and taking care of him. I love that I can nurse him. I love that he is already calmed being in my arms and not others. I love that he sleeps so soundly when I hold him. Nathan means gift and it fits him well; he is a gift.
~
During my pregnancy with Nathan I noticed over and over again that he was extremely active. He kicked and moved all the time and in big motions. It was so funny. Even during ultrasounds and doctor checkups the doctors would always laugh at how much he moved, moved, moved.
~
We had a list of about 10 or 15 names we started mulling over. Included in that list were Jonathan, Matthew, Jacob, Michael, Luke, Charlie, Zachary, Landon, Owen, Benjamin, Ryan, David, and a couple others. Dave also liked James (which I don't like) and Jack (which I feel goes poorly with our last name) on his own list. Our short list of names was more like Nathan, Jonathan, Matthew, and Jacob, with some of the others coming and going on and off the list. In the end, nothing seemed as perfect as Nathan, our gift!
No comments:
Post a Comment