Happy Birthday Katie Baby!
She is a happy, beautiful, sweet, and wonderful baby girl!
Katie's Birthday is September 24th, which makes for 3 kid birthdays in 3 weeks at our house. The 4th is at the end of June. The day after Katie's birthday is an official end to our busy and fun birthday season.
End of the night tub
Katie's Birthday was a very busy Tuesday full of getting kids to and from school, preschool, dance, soccer practice and YM's for Dave. Plus, the preschool back to school night was that evening and my kids LOVE the silly magician show, so we had to go to that and we brought the cousins with us too. Katie's Birthday was celebrated just here and there on her actual day. We did sing happy birthday to her and I thought much about how blessed we are to have her but, the real celebration had to wait until the weekend!
~
Katie's Birthday party was the following Sunday with our family. We had a big yummy dinner
Presents
Katie's newest trick is her scrunchy nose smile!
Katie loves when Papa gives her pooks. She always leans in for more.
She even gives pooks back
Her cake was pretty cute but, it was all melty by the time I took a picture! Oops!
Waiting for the cake
Hailey did the honors
I wish I could say that this was Kate's first taste of something sweet but, I can't. She wasn't surprised one bit and she liked it very much!
A few tried to throw whip cream in the air and catch it. I wish I had a picture of Shawn's that landed right on his forehead and Rich's that landed on his face too.
The cute, crazy cousins
There's that scrunchy nose
Yoga Baby
The next morning Katie had the hair of a girl who'd partied! Happy Birthday sweet Kate. We love you more than words.
A few things to remember about Katie at 1!
She is such an easy, sweet, happy, content, smiley, flexible, fun baby. She and Hailey tie for the easiest, sweetest infants (Hailey was sooo easy too). At one year old she weighs 16.1 lbs, which is considered the 1st percentile but, looking at the graph chart, she is no where near the 1st percentile line (babies 1st% and under are all just 1st%). She measures 28.5 inches long (31st%), which is more in line with her sisters. Earlier measurements were sooo long that we were excited that we might have a tall one. Though she is super easy, she is not a great sleeper, not at all. I blame our busy daytime schedule for her irregular naps and myself for her night waking because she is sweet and small and I feel too sad to let her cry very long. She loves to laugh, eat and go, go, go. She is a fast mover and into everything. She loves to throw things on the floor. She is ticklish and also loves to cuddle all the time. She is starting to cruise a bit with furniture but, much prefers her super fast crawl. She is babbling lots now but, doesn't have a real word. I sometimes think she says Mama but, I'm not sure if she's saying Mama or more just yet. She is friendly and waves and smiles at everyone. She loves to point at people too. Her has big beautiful blue eyes and fantastic hair. She is an absolute delight and we all love her endlessly.



No comments:
Post a Comment