September 26, 2012

Katie Madeline Price

While driving home from the Utah Office of Vital Records this morning Ashley exclaimed:
"Congratulations Baby you have finally a name: KATIE!"
 Miss Katie is as happy about her name as we are! She must be having pleasant dreams! She is so pretty. 
She and I are enjoying this honeymoon stage of lots and lots of sleeping, eating and not much else. She is an amazingly good nurser, loves to cuddle close most of all, and likes to sleep in my arms or on my lap much more than on her own. Here are some pictures of Katie's first week home (from 2 days old until today, 9 days old): 
Sleeping on Mommy
 Sleeping in her bassinet
 Sleeping on the floor
 Awake! She is a tiny little thing with long bird legs and long delicate fingers and toes. 
We wondered and worried how Hailey would adjust to a new baby. Hailey was such an easy newborn and baby but, then she gave us a run this past summer as she got close to her 2nd birthday. There was a lot of stubbornness and crying for her way. Over this last week and a half we have seen so much sweetness from her. She is happy, pleasant, silly, wild, and as obedient as a two year old can be, despite a new baby and a new cast! She loves to give hugs and kisses and tries to be soft. She loves to say "I two" and "I'm happy" all the time. In the car she always says "I want La, La" which means I want music. She also insists "My turn" about everything. Hailey is our excellent sleeper, eater, and giggler. We are so lucky to have her and her big bright smile!
Last Friday I felt so good that we tagged along with Dave's mom, Sister Kim, and her kids, to see the Witches at Gardner Village. Katie slept through the outing, and cousin Joe wasn't there so our pictures include 6 of the 8 kiddos: Ashley, Andrew, Callie, Hailey, Lizzie, and Will.
 I love this picture of Andrew. By the time I clicked for a second time he was already up in the spotlight! 

3 comments:

Kristin said...

beautiful name! she is just adorable! congrats again!!

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh, Katie is ADORABLE!! I wish I was there to give her a big snuggle, she is as precious as can be! Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the name!!! She is darling!!!