September 24, 2012

Baby Girl Price is Here!

Born September 24, 2012
11:49 am
6 lbs 13.2 oz. 
19.5 inches
Beautiful, Healthy and Pure Heaven
Name: TBD...nearly there :)
Some pictures look just like Andrew (above), others are just like Ashley and Hailey (below), who looked identical to each other at birth.
We are so happy, and so blessed. Our darling baby girl had an easy delivery on Monday, September 24th at 11:49 a.m. I was induced, because of my history of fast labors, and little Miss was no exception. We were grateful to be at a hospital and with my doctor too!  
At the hospital ready to get started. 
We were extra happy to have our nurse be a great woman from our ward. She took great care of us and it was comforting to have her, my doctor and Dave be the 3 people in the room as our baby was born. 

Here is our story. We arrived at the hospital at 7:30 and checked in. I was was started on pitocin at 8-ish or so and the contractions got going right away and were about every 2 minutes but, not terribly painful and I was only dilated to a 2 or 3. My doctor broke my water. The anesthesiologist was very busy with several c-sections and other things so, it was going to be a while before he got to me. The nurse gave me a dose of some medicine to take the edge off. It made my eyes swim and I felt loopy immediately. Luckily, it was made to wear off quickly too. My sweet doctor worried that I'd deliver before the epidural so she had my pitocin turned way down so we could wait, and so the contractions slowed way down. We waited like that for at least 45 minutes. Then the anesthesiologist came and gave me the best epidural ever, it took away the main pain but, didn't numb my legs too much and so I could feel everything and could even walk but, it took the edge off. They turned the pitocin back on, at a pretty low level, and the contractions started right up again. In no time at all I was having a big pain in the back of my upper leg. It was such a funny spot to hurt I didn't know what to think. My nurse came in and I mentioned it to her. She said hmm...let's check you. Sure enough I was at a 10 and ready to go. My doctor came in, I pushed through 2 contractions and wahoo she was here - perfect, beautiful and so amazing! She looked so good and scored a 9 on her apgar. She is my smallest baby yet, (though they've all been close at 7 lbs 10oz, 7 lbs 0,  7 lbs 1 oz and now 6 lbs 13oz). She has lots of dark hair, sweet lips, tiny little legs, big blue eyes, and similar features to each of her beautiful and handsome siblings. 
First sponge bath
First hair wash  - so relaxing
Meeting the whole family; Welcome baby!
 My time alone with our baby girl in the hospital was sweet. I so appreciated the quietness and the time to devote all my thoughts to her. She is cuddly and her cry is generally short and high pitched. 
 By Wednesday morning the kids were anxious for us to come home and I was also anxious to be with them again too. They need me and I need them. 
 Oh my she is so, so, so tiny!
 Hailey checking out her new seat neighbor. 
 ***I forgot to mention Hailey's cast***
Last Friday night we had a babysitter. When we came home that night Hailey had been "hurt" on the trampoline but then fine as they watched a movie. Saturday morning she woke up and would only crawl! By noon she was walking with a deep limp. I decided to wait until the morning but, on Sunday morning she was still limping! I took her to Primary Children's and the X-Ray showed a small fracture! She had a splint Sunday (all these pictures are with the splint) until Wednesday and then a cast was put on Wednesday afternoon that she'll have for 4 weeks! She was a champ and didn't cry or squirm for the cast at all. The splint gave her a lot of support and she was just as fast and wild as ever. The cast is permanently bent at the knee and slows her down but, she's picking up more speed each day. We are glad it wasn't a break, wasn't near a growth plate and should heal just fine. We are also grateful it isn't summer or winter, as this weather is pretty great. It is a heartbreak but, she is resilient and doesn't really mind it much. 
~
Nothing makes your baby grow up more than having a new baby!
 So far we are all adjusting really well to life with new baby and feeling so happy to be together. I love each of these babies more than words and as always I wish I could re-live each of their baby days a bit and freeze time some too. 

9 comments:

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

Oh my she is precious!!! Congrats I'm glad she came so easily for you!! I'm next! Is that a cast on Hailey????

Becca said...

Congrats, Leslie, she is such a beauty! What a lucky baby!

Christy said...

Congrats - she is beautiful and she looks just like her sisters! I've been waiting to hear because I knew you were due any day. I'm jealous your labor was so easy ;) But so glad that all is well. What happened to Miss. Hailey's leg? You'll have to post on that!
Congrats again - you have a beautiful family!!!!

Ashley said...

Congratulations!!! Oh she is so bitty!!! So glad all went well. Can't wait to meet her!

Candice said...

Congrats!!!! She looks adorable!

Kristin said...

Oh congrats Price family!! She is just beautiful! So glad everything went well! Can't wait to hear what her name is! :-)

Brittni and Jared said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you. She is beautiful!

Heather said...

Wow...I must say that I'm jealous of your fast labors! That is fabulous that she came quick and that you/her are healthy! I can't wait to hear what you name her....

Robyn said...

Congrats! Katie is just gorgeous. Poor Hailey, glad she is ok. That cast looks really cute, in a weird way. :)