Andrew turned 6 on September 1st. Six wonderful years with my sweet buddy has sure gone by in a blink. His birthday was on a Saturday, which is always lucky. We had a backyard movie the night before which always keeps us up way to late. First thing that morning we headed to our ward's annual breakfast, which was fun because he got to see lots of friends and be wished Happy Birthday by lots of neighbors. When we got home he couldn't stand waiting to open presents so we let him open one building block set just to tide him over.
Andrew requested just a couple things to do on his birthday. He wanted to go for a bike ride with Daddy to Skyline and to eat Chinese food from Panda Express for dinner.
These bike rides are really special to Andrew. I think he genuinely loves the nice long ride but, I think he also enjoys that it is something only he is big enough to do and the alone time with Dad.
Soon he couldn't wait any longer and we had fun watching him open presents. His favorite new things are all new Ninjago Lego sets and the Spiderman electric toothbrush he picked out himself. He's been so excited to get that toothbrush and it cracks me up how much he likess it! He also likes his Darth Vader alarm clock and Spiderman and hulk cars.
He was pretty exhausted by the time we drove to Panda Express. Andrew loves Chinese food and always eats so much!
I wasn't even going to do a cake because he's having a family party next Sunday and a friend party the following Friday - but, Dave guilted me into it.
There are more BDay celebrations planned and coming for this lucky 6 year old. I can't imagine my life without him. He is funny, smart, goofy, sweet, handsome, likable, athletic, cuddly, driven, independent, mature, fast, obedient, mischievous, strong willed, a good friend, social, sometimes shy or quiet, competitive, fun to be with, and loving. Andrew is good to the core. His mind is sharp, quick and observant. He is mature and able. He makes friends quickly. He teases and torments Ashley way too much but, he loves her and sometimes I catch him sweetly helping her or Hailey just like a daddy. I am so grateful to have Andrew, and so grateful he came first, as a big brother to so many little sisters. Andrew is growing up in every way but, he is still my little boy who needs to be cuddled, tickled and held. And about once a week or so, when I'm lucky, he climbs into my bed at night. He still sweetly loves to sit together if we watch a show, to cuddle close during books and though he doesn't like to hold my hand anymore, he does give excellent hugs. I don't know how many times I've wished for time to stand still but, each birthday reminds me that my children are more precious to me than I could've ever imagined, and that each time I blink another year has passed too quickly. Happy Birthday Andrew man, I love you endlessly.
1 comment:
I forget you have two birthdays so close together! You're a super mom! YOu really seem to have it all together! Cute pictures..don't they grow fast..and yes I'm miserable these days!!!!
Post a Comment