September 8, 2012

Party like a Ninjago!

Andrew decided about a month ago that he loves Ninjago. So the theme for his BDay party with friends was obvious! We invited all of his usual friends plus we invited the 9 boys from his new Kindergarten class. Usually a group of kids can't come but, we invited everyone and everyone except 3 came! Including Andrew and Ashley we had 29 kids, it was fun and a little nuts! 
~
Here we are watching a few minutes of a Ninjago episode as we waited for the guests to arrive. 
I had a harder time coming up with games for this party and I had enough RSVP's to know that the guest list was getting big so, we went with a bounce house. The kids loved it! I hoped for no injuries but, honestly expected about 3. We had one bloody nose, a few bonked heads, and lots of sweaty, worn out kids. 
I made Ninja swords out of flimsy pipe insulators from Home Depot. (I stole that great idea from Brittni Anderson). What a perfect sword, and oh so inexpensive at less than 50 cents each. They could swing as hard as they wanted and never hurt anyone. Perfect for our 'Sensei Says' game and balloon game too. 
We also played a pin the eyes on the ninja game but, mostly, they just bounced, ran, and bounced some more.
My kids don't think it's a party unless there is a pinata! 
We had some cake and popsicles, and lots of drinks for these thirsty kiddos, then on to opening presents. I would love to do away with presents from friends all together and just have fun. Andrew's friends gave him some wonderful things and he tried hard to be gracious though, we need to work on showing a little more enthusiasm, even if it is crowded and crazy. 
Hailey is a sleeping champion and napped through every minute of the party, just like I'd hoped. She woke up for the after-party, which was just as fun. We played in the bounce house past our bedtimes, then woke up and bounced all morning. 
Sporting his great gift from Ty Ty - Ninjago PJs!
This spoiled little man sure had a fun Birthday, and we love him so much that celebrating party after party was worth it! 

No comments: