September 17, 2014

Sweet Summer Finish Up

I love summer. I always look forward to the last day of school and dread the day it starts again. This year we had so many rainy days in August. It really took the fun out of the last week of summer. The kids (and I) were cooped up and fighting so much the last days of summer that for the first time ever I actually felt ready for school to start up again but, I think I'll blame the weather for ruining our fun. 
~
A failed attempt at an after church picture of cute Kate. But, I did get to see this sweet picture of Andrew being so sweet to her, as always. He has a love hate relationship with Ashley and is annoyed by Hailey most the time but, so very, very sweet to Kate. 
She doesn't suck her thumb like Hailey(thank heavens) but, she has followed HayHay's example of having a beloved blanket. It's called her Poodle Blankie.
Ashley is so good to her too. Little Mama for sure. 
We signed up for just one session of swim lessons this summer. The kids swam so much at the neighbors that I didn't feel like we needed much. They each did really well and had fun. Hailey is a wild woman during swim lessons, it is so funny. 
Katie wanted to join in sooo badly. 
Katie loves to be pushed as fast as can be in her little buggy car. The big kids love to push her dangerously fast too. 
  A fun, fun day at Cherry Hill
We met up with some friends for Andrew and Ashley and had lots of fun bowling with buddies at Fat Cats. 
We made sure to squeeze in a handful of fun trips to Seven Peaks before our annual passes expired. 
 Andrew and Dave went to an FM100 remote and had a great time collecting free trinkets and meeting mascots. 
Andrew got to go in the Army Tank and loved it. 
Us girls missed the remote to take Ashley to gymnastics class. Right after we met up at the Aquarium. 
Such a determined animal lover
Loved seeing Andrew lift Hailey to see without being asked
  The line to cross the rope bridge is ridiculous and yet we wait in it each visit.
Dave's face!
Cousin Day at Cowabunga Bay. I love that place. 
 The Warnock cousins were there too! Here's Ethan and Hazey.
 Bees Game with Josh and Colton too
Josh, Colton, my girls and I waited 10 years to ride the train. 
 Andrew caught a shirt thrown to the stands! Wahoo
A visit to the Utah Natural History Museum / Dinosaur Museum
 The extra exhibit was Horses 
Ashley loves visiting the Bunnies Betsy and Cow at Andrew's buddies' house. She had a huge goose head from an accidental hit with a water gun from Andrew. 
 A few randoms...
 Ashley begged to add Dog Shelter to our summer bucket list. We went once as a family and then once just her and Daddy. She loved it but, she also doesn't understand how it all goes. 
We had a lemonade stand on the corner of our circle on a very, very hot Saturday. I was so impressed at the people who stopped and I vowed to keep change in the car so I can stop too. Several groups of teenage boys stopped by and gave generously, I was surprised and impressed, and of course all of our amazing neighbors walked down to the corner for some lemonade. Andrew sounded like a real concessions salesman and Ashley caught on quick too. Overall each kid made almost $4. 

 Horse Back Riding Lessons with Josh. Ashley was in pure heaven getting to learn about, groom and ride horses with "Uncle" Josh in Kamas 3 separate times this summer. It is her favorite of all the lessons or activities she gets to be part of. Andrew liked it too and became more comfortable each time and pretty brave by the last visit. Hailey loves to see the horses and had a great time riding with help. It is beautiful there! 
The First Day:
Learning in the Coral
 Second Day:
  Last Trip to Kamas, with some friends too:

No comments: