March 28, 2013

Random for the record


Ashley is in that amazing stage where I wish I could remember all the sweet, funny, honest or goofy things she says all day long. She is queen of one liners too. Here are a few I managed to write down. 

We are in the early stages of finishing our basement, so it's a wreck. Ashley came up and was so excited to tell me about how high she had just climbed.
Me: "What were you climbing"
Ash: "Those boxes you told us not to climb on. I was so high I could touch the ceiling!"
Me: speechless.

Ashley about to try a bite of dinner "Well, here goes nothin"

Ashley did a crazy jump off the Love Sac and should have been hurt and crying. Instead she smiled and said "I've gotta work on the landing"

Andrew's language has progressed out of the hilarious stage Ashley is in but, he still cracks me up. 
Andrew: "Watch how the professionals do it"

A few weeks ago I was released as 2nd counselor in the Primary Presidency in our ward. It was absolutely the best calling in the Church. We'd served for 3 years, and I've only been in the ward for 4, so it's all I've really known, and it's all my kids have known too. I love primary, especially because it's been so wonderful to share that with my own kids. I loved feeling such a part of something too, and the friendships that came from it. I don't know why I want to remember this but, I do. I hope I always remember what a special experience it was.

No comments: