October 24, 2012

Say Cheese Hailey!

Enjoying a beautiful October Evening with my Hay Hay. 
And of course, baby Katie was there too. 
Katie is so very tiny. She is still wearing all newborn size clothing and diapers. She is long and skinny. At her 2 week visit (2 weeks ago) she weighed 6 lbs 14 oz (11%) and measured 21.0 inches (75%). We were happy to see her 1 ounce heavier than at birth, and measuring an entire inch a half longer, (there's no way she grew that much in 2 weeks, she must have been wiggly for the first measurement). She is becoming more alert and attentive when she is awake, and is even doing pretty great at realizing that night time is for sleeping except for quick feeding breaks. 
Katie is lucky that our great friend Katie (such a great name!) came to my rescue and let us borrow their baby swing. Andrew broke ours when Hailey was somewhere between 5 or 8 months old and we never replaced it. Baby Katie isn't always happy to swing but, in the week we've had it, I've felt saved a a handful of times already when I've been able put her down asleep and she's stayed asleep, so I could get some things done with 2 hands. Hailey likes the "tweet tweets" on the mobile and to "push" Katie too. I love Katie's wide eyes in this picture: I would be terrified too if I were her and saw this cute 2-year old in charge of me! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad the swing is working for you! My girls loved it too!