May 27, 2012

Finishing Up Spring Soccer

Andrew had a really wonderful season of spring soccer. I don't think I could have been more impressed and more proud of him. Am I bragging? Absolutely, he did awesome! In a mid-season soccer post I shared his great successes and now we've had our last 3 games and he just kept making us more and more proud! In the last 3 games he had 2, 6 and then 4 goals. So, over the 8 games this spring he had a total of 37 goals, it really was phenomenal! He also does great at stealing the ball from the other team and blocking their goal attempts. Andrew really loves soccer and looked forward to it all week! Here he is about to get a goal!
 He was a really good sport too and was happy for his teammates when they played well, which impressed me a lot because at this age I didn't see much of that from other kids. He did struggle when he had to sit out and really struggled when he was sitting out if his teammates weren't playing hard or if the other team scored on them without a good block. They don't officially keep score at this age but, Andrew does and we keep track too; we didn't lose once. 
 Andrew always cracks me up when they shake hands after the game. He makes the other kids laugh by shaking hands like a crazy person! 
A few teammates after the last game: Seth, Andrew, Joey, Addie and Isaac
Just a little monster truck fun after the game. Hailey is in heaven!

No comments: