Andrew's class had a performance on the last day of school. It was so darling. His class stood on stage and sang song after song after song, and told us about things they'd learned, for about 20 minutes. I love their programs because they are really all about the kids and I love that it's only his class so it's small and special. Andrew has gained so many skills this year and has had so much fun making lots of new friends. I can't speak highly enough about the preschool and my kids' four teachers and their loving, child-centered philosophies.
After the performance the parents left and the kids continued on and had their last day of school. It's a good thing too because that let me get in the car with just Hailey, and cry and cry, as I drove away. After watching the performance I felt even more grateful for the year that Andrew and Ashley have had and so sad that it is over. I'm so sad Andrew won't be nurtured by these wonderful teachers anymore and that nearly all these dear friends scatter to different kindergartens. I'm most sad because no matter what I do, he is growing up, and fast.
~
Andrew had a fun last day playing with his friends. He is such a great kid and he constantly amazes me. He makes me so happy and proud. He is excited and ready for kindergarten and I am left wishing I could go back and relive every single day over again, the good and bad.
~
Andrew with his teachers Diane and Carolyn.
~
Andrew with his teachers Diane and Carolyn.
Ashley with her teachers Linda and Laura. Ashley's class age did not have a performance but, I could gush and gush about her and her teachers and friends too. Her teachers wrote a sweet year-end letter. A few of lines I enjoyed reading: "She is full of life...She loves rug time and listens. However, she loves Ben and will chat with him...She loves animals as you well know...She plays with both girls and boys. She isn't afraid to jump right in...She LOVES art. Her motto for life should be more is better...She loves the hokey pokey dance...She makes some funny faces that we love...", etc, etc. It makes me happy to know that they have gotten to know the real Ashley and have encouraged and loved her for being who she is.
Here are some gems from picture day earlier this month:
Andrew is near the top, middle. Best buddy Jake is in green on the left and best buddy Gavin is in light blue on his upper right.
Ashley is on the bottom right. Her best buddies, Ben and Alex, are the two boys on the far right, top.




2 comments:
Leslie, I'm feeling the exact same way about our preschool. Soooo sad to see this year end and saying goodbye to beloved teachers!
I always cry... First and last day of school. Why do they have to keep getting older?!
Post a Comment