April 27, 2012

Spring Ski Lessons

Andrew and Ashley finished up their spring ski lessons in mid-April. I just love that it can feel like summer in  the valley and perfect for skiing in the mountains! I got to ski with Andrew class the first couple of these lessons and Ashley's class the last two. Andrew did amazing each week and is a real skier. His teacher loved having him because Andrew is brave, strong, fast and just loves it. 
Ashley is so young and such a light weight that I didn't expect much but, she was amazing too. On the last day her teacher couldn't get her to slow down to wait for her 2 classmates (both nearly 5 year-olds). He decided to take off her front clips just to slow her down but, it sure didn't do the trick! It just showed us that she didn't need clips anymore even though the two older boys still did! She even learned to get off the lift alone. I beamed with pride!
 Ashley loved her teacher Aldo and he loved her enthusiasm and fun attitude (especially since one boy in our class never stopped whining!)
 My cute ski buddies at the end of the day!

No comments: