August 26, 2010

Scooby Dooby Doo - Happy Birthday Andrew!

Andrew turns 4 on September 1st! Happy Birthday to my favorite little man! We had his big Scooby Doo Birthday Party almost 2 weeks early, since his newest baby sister is due to arrive practically on his birthday.
~
His party was a blast! We had so many friends and cousins come; Andrew was in heaven! The kids were all so cute and I think everyone had lots of fun. There was always a lot going on, except picture taking.
The party was all about solving the mystery of who stole all the presents, and finding clues at each of the activities. We had lots of fun games, a pinata, lunch, craft and of course cake and ice cream. With so many kids we are REALLY grateful for Andrew's Nana and Papa, and older cousins, who helped so much.
The picture below is my favorite picture in a long time! It summarizes the party so well: Andrew has a cute, happy face. Lots of friends are gathered behind him, his favorite cousins are nearby, and he is being presented with a cake. He is loving this excess attention! Now do you see Ashley? Yep there she is...screaming. That's how she felt about being brushed off while watching big brother get everything he wants.  She loves being with the big kids, just loves it, but the discrepancy of love and attention that day was just too much for the poor girl to bear.
Opening presents is always crazy. He is so lucky to have such a big age group here in our neighborhood!Andrew was spoiled rotten but, I was really impressed at how kind each child was in giving their gift and how polite Andrew was to look them in the eye and say Thank you. He really is growing up!
I love Andrew more than words can say. He is so fun to spend my days with and I'm so proud of him. He is sweet, smart, funny, wild, happy, cuddly, strong willed, kind, fast, independent, talented, honest, a performer, athletic, adventurous, friendly, aware of others', an expert negotiator, loving, a good friend, sometimes sensitive and so much more. We still struggle through some hard 3-year old moments but, I wouldn't change a thing. I only wish he wouldn't grow up so fast.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

What a great birthday party! I can't believe he is four!! Time is sure flying! Can't wait to hear about your new arrival!!

Maughan"sters" said...

Leslie, You have been busy blogging! Looks like an eventful summer! Can't wait to see pictures of the new baby on the next post!!