September 2, 2010

Hailey Elizabeth Price
August 30, 2010
12:11 pm
7 lbs 1 oz
20 1/2 inches
She's here! She's here! We're so excited! She is perfect and beautiful and so very, very, very loved!
She has LOTS of dark hair just like her brother and sister, she looks a lot like both of them. So far she is calm (which we are sure not used to), very cuddly and tiny! She is an excellent eater and sleeps most the time.
My labor was fast and painless - phew!
We decided to be induced this time since Ashley came so fast that I didn't get an epidural...or a doctor...and to avoid sharing a birthday with Andrew. This time I had my epidural first thing, progressed quickly without feeling a thing, pushed 3 times (literally probably less than 30 seconds worth) and then got to hold my amazing little angel! My only complaint was that I think the anethesiologist gave me too much; I was still completely numb 5 hours afterwards. I didn't have many pictures taken this pregnancy but, here is one, just a few minutes before being induced. A few asked, so here is a picture of me 9 months pregnant and ready to go!
And a few hours afterwards.
Our family of 5. Oh how I love them!
Proud Daddy! Totally outnumbered by girls!
I knew Andrew would love Hailey, and he does. He is so sweet to her. In a soft voice he says, 'Oh baby Hailey, don't cry', even when she isn't. He is a wonderful big brother and I'm so very proud of him. I just can't get over how grown up he is, I don't ever take these amazing years for granted.
I have worried about Ashley the most but, so far she is very interested and very kind also. The only hard thing is convincing her to love the baby softly and trying to help her understand that Hailey can't take naps in Ashley's crib with her. It's amazing how my baby Ashley became big girl Ashley in an instant! She is independent, loving and adventurous. She is fun, fun, fun every minute.
Ready to go home!
Home! She's so fun, isn't she gorgeous!  
Sweet, sweet Hailey! I'm so grateful for the few days in the hospital to spend so much time just the two of us. I love her so much, I'm wishing for a word that means more than love.
I always worry and hope that I'll be able to love the new child as much as the others, and then, once I'm holding and loving my precious newborn I worry and hope that the others won't feel less loved than her. 
We came home September 1st, which was Andrew's 4th Birthday! Don't worry, we've been celebrating for weeks knowing that his big day would be busy. Andrew got a few more great gifts and so did Ashley (we don't want her to know she's the middle child just yet). So far all three of our cute kids are feeling loved and loving each other too. We couldn't feel any more blessed!

29 comments:

Brynn said...

She is so perfect! Congratulations on another beautiful child! Good luck in the weeks ahead! Three isn't so bad if you don't expect too much from yourself ! :) I'm sure you're doing wonderfully!

Jill J said...

Wow, mama, that's awesome! glad it went so perfectly. Hailey is beautiful. Cute little family

Robyn said...

So wonderful, Leslie. I love her name and she is really beautiful. You look insanely good sitting there in the hospital bed.
I was reading my journal from 10th grade and about all our adventures in math class together. Look for some fun memories on my blog tomorrow.

Ashley said...

Oh Leslie she is perfect!!! Congratulations!

Kristin said...

Congratulations Ashley! She is beautiful and I love the name! What a beautiful family you have!!

Maughan"sters" said...

Why do you have makeup on and your hair done before you are getting induced!?!?
She is beautiful and I love the name Hailey ;)

Hillary said...

AWWWWW..she is definitely your kid! She totally looks like her siblings. So glad that everything went went well and she is here safe!

Becca said...

So sweet! What a beauty! Congrats--I wish I could have a million babies, just to enjoy that first week of holding them! So glad everything went so well!

Matt said...

Seriously? You look like a model in that hospital bed!?!? And that baby....ooooo....she is scrumptious! What a cutie pa-tootie! She really does look like the others, doesn't she? I'm glad everything went well, and smooth, and fast! Good work lady!

Brittni and Jared said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you guys! She is so beautiful and I'm glad you had such a wonderful delivery. We look forward to meeting sweet Hailey!

katherine said...

oh les. congratulations!! i am so happy for you and her safe and quick arrival (although glad that it was not as quick as Ashley's!) you are beautiful and so is she, and the rest of your darling family! i am so happy for you!!! be well and get some rest!! love you!

Brooke said...

She is absolutely beautiful!!!!! Congratulations. And you look beautiful too. :) I hope she keeps eating and sleeping well for you.

Jessica Petersen said...

Wow, congratulations!!! Hailey is a beautiful baby, oh so cute!!! Can't wait to see her!

Muranda said...

congratulations!! she is beautiful!

you look amazing and your family is adorable!!!!

Karly said...

YAY!! Congrats you guys... She is precious!!

Sarah said...

I have been waiting anxiously for pictures of this little sweetie and am so sad I am not there to hold her and to bring you guys some dinner. She really is so beautiful, I can't wait to meet her. Congratulations!!!

Meghann said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful. you have such a great looking family!

Grandma Snow said...

She is absolutely gorgeous (like there was any doubt that would be the case?!!!) -- Love that hair, reminds me of her dad when he was born ... Congratulations to you all, what a beautiful family!
love, Lulu & Grant
P.S. Congrats also to the Utes last night -what a great game!

Nielsen Family said...

Beautiful new baby Leslie! She is gorgeous! I hope things are going well.

{littlefam} said...

hooray! so glad that her arrival was a smooth one! you look amazing! what a cute family you guys are! i must admit i'm a little jealous - i'm needing to not be pregnant anymore!

Anonymous said...

So adorable!!! Glad everything went well!!! She is perfect!!!

Christy said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so glad that everything went well and she is perfect!!! She really is darling! And let's talk about your hair - soooo cute!!! Seriously - who looks that good after labor!? Impressive!! Ya know I bet I was at the hospital while you were in labor - I could've come over to cheer you on - ha ha! Congrats again!! So happy for you!!!

Jac said...

She is absolutely gorgeous! And nice work on getting a post up so quickly! You are Wonder Woman!

Suzie said...

She is definatly a beautiful baby! Congrats, I'm glad it was an easy delivery! You guys sure make cute kids.

Ashley said...

Congratulations Leslie! She is so sweet and beautiful! You look great too! What a cute little family.

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

Hey Leslie... Just wanted to say congrats and she is beautiful just like the rest of your kiddos! You looked great by the way when I say you! Okay so that is the same outfit we took Tessa home in..just keeps getting wierder!!!! I'm glad I have a twinner family!

Morgan said...

Three things...

First, congrats on that new beautiful baby!

Second, awesome labor story.

Third, you look insanely gorgeous in all those pictures.

MJJarman said...

Congratulations on #3! She's beautiful.

Sarah said...

who looks like that after giving birth!! geez i hate you and your beautifulness! jk