Remember in the beginning of March when I posted that our home was for sale? Well, we have GREAT NEWS!
Yep, that's right, Our home is officially SOLD!!!
It's been under contract for a little over a month but, I didn't dare say so because I was so nervous and didn't want to jinx it. The house is really very nice, and just charming but, in this market we were of course worried, especially since we had already bought our new home. We priced it very aggressively and everything went so well and quickly; what a huge blessing!
The family that bought it is a cute couple with a little toddler boy. The wife is 2 years younger than me and we were both in the same sorority at the U (Chi Omega) so I knew her a little bit from that. It seems like Dave and I share quite a few mutual friends with this couple. Some of you might know them: Spencer and Katie (Thorne) Taggart.This might seem silly to care about but, we LOVE the ward there so much and we feel SO great knowing that a good little family is taking our place. That home is meant to have children. I hope they love it there as much as we did!
I have wonderful memories in that home. I'm a sentimental person. It didn't seem real until a few days ago when I knew I was in the house for the last time. I was alone and I walked from room to room and just remembered. I brought my two babies home to that house. I paced those floors and sang lullabies in those walls. Andrew took his first steps there. He loved to play chase through the kitchen, he loved to jump off the stairs. Ashley's first smiles and laughs were there, she slept in the living room for months. Dave and I poured all our time and energy into remodeling each room, one by one. We became a real family there. I loved Christmas in our living room. I loved summer in our big backyard. I didn't cry when I said goodbye but, I might right now. I love that home and I'm so grateful for it. I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat.
Yep, that's right, Our home is officially SOLD!!!It's been under contract for a little over a month but, I didn't dare say so because I was so nervous and didn't want to jinx it. The house is really very nice, and just charming but, in this market we were of course worried, especially since we had already bought our new home. We priced it very aggressively and everything went so well and quickly; what a huge blessing!
The family that bought it is a cute couple with a little toddler boy. The wife is 2 years younger than me and we were both in the same sorority at the U (Chi Omega) so I knew her a little bit from that. It seems like Dave and I share quite a few mutual friends with this couple. Some of you might know them: Spencer and Katie (Thorne) Taggart.This might seem silly to care about but, we LOVE the ward there so much and we feel SO great knowing that a good little family is taking our place. That home is meant to have children. I hope they love it there as much as we did!
I have wonderful memories in that home. I'm a sentimental person. It didn't seem real until a few days ago when I knew I was in the house for the last time. I was alone and I walked from room to room and just remembered. I brought my two babies home to that house. I paced those floors and sang lullabies in those walls. Andrew took his first steps there. He loved to play chase through the kitchen, he loved to jump off the stairs. Ashley's first smiles and laughs were there, she slept in the living room for months. Dave and I poured all our time and energy into remodeling each room, one by one. We became a real family there. I loved Christmas in our living room. I loved summer in our big backyard. I didn't cry when I said goodbye but, I might right now. I love that home and I'm so grateful for it. I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat.
So, now we can celebrate! I think we'll celebrate the wonderful 5 years we had in our first home, we'll celebrate that it has sold to a new family, and we'll celebrate that we have a new home where we can make even more memories! Today we feel so blessed, happy, relieved, nostalgic, excited and so very thankful!
8 comments:
Alright, you almost got me all teary-eyed! I'm also nostalgic about things like that and it was sad to leave our first house on Wilmington. I can't imagine how hard it'll be to leave here. Gosh... Anyway, I am SO excited for you that you sold your house, how awesome is that!!!!!! Congrats! Onward & upward!
YAY!!! You guys have had some seriously good luck! Your new house is beautiful though, and will hold just as many good memories! Congratulations!
That is great news--congrats! I know what you mean about wanting someone good to take over your house.
Congratulations!!!! That is so awesome! I am so glad for you what a stress off your shoulders! I am so glad that it is a family too...we can't wait to meet them and make them feel welcome! Hope you are doing well!!!
Congrats on selling the house. That is such great news.
It must feel SO great to have the house sell. Congrats. On to lots of memories and adventures in the new house.
What a relief! Congrats.
Yay! Congrats! That is super news! I'm sure you are really able to enjoy your new house without having to worry about the old one anymore! Great!
Does Andrew want a buddy? Pete's excited to play when we move!
Post a Comment