May 15, 2009

Loving It

Isn't this nice weather the best! After the most drawn out winter ever our family is so happy to be playing outside again! We are loving our new street! We have great neighbors and there are 2 families with younger kids. Andrew is so lucky to have new buddies living just 2 doors down and across the street. Our street is a dead-end and it has sidewalks. Sidewalks in Salt Lake County are a luxury and we don't take them for granted! Andrew's favorite kid on the street is Daniel. Daniel is 6 but, he quite likes Andrew too. They run around and ride bikes and eat popsicles and sometimes disappear and I find them upstairs in our playroom. We have a good sized backyard at our new house which I thought was really important but, unlike our old house, it sure doesn't matter because we're never back there, we are always in the front yard with all the other kids on the street - it's great. A few days ago Andrew was walking back towards our house after riding bikes around with Daniel and he said to me "Daniel is so nice to Andrew". He insists that he is his cousin, which I think can only mean that he Really likes him!
Andrew and his favorite kid. I don't think I've ever seen Andrew have as much fun as when he gets to ride on this very fast moving truck. One day he managed to push the gas pedal on his own and crashed right into a garbage can 2 feet in front of him. It was dangerous and hilarious all at once!
I put Andrew in front of Barney on TV so I could shower and this is how I found him. Just an indication of how boring it gets inside and how much better it is to get out!
Here are a few of Andrew's recent sayings that I thought were noteworthy and that I had a chance to write down: "I'm going to go to work to get some money dollars", "Candy's not bad, Candy is good for Andrew", "Hey Baby Cakes", "Wake-up Baby, I need your help", "Hakuna Matata, Have a Wonderful Day", "I have beef in my toes" (We'd recently talked about toe jam :), "Mom, let's go buy some money" (after I explained we couldn't buy candy at the store because I didn't have any money).
~
Sadly, I've been HORRIBLE at taking pictures again this month and these are the only ones I have! I don't have a single shot of Ashley! My Ashley Girl is at the absolute most darling stage and I am having more fun with her right now than ever before. She graduated to traditional crawling (rather than her 'swim' crawl) at least 3 weeks ago and she is fast! She's all over the place! One funny thing is that she doesn't seem to like crawling on hard ground; whenever she is on hard ground she crawls using her hands and feet, like Mogley and then on carpet or grass she goes back down to hands and knees. She can climb up a full flight of stairs and thinks she can come down them too. She pulls up to stand on everything and anything. She stands up in her high chair and tries to climb off the tray several times each meal. She pulls everything out of the cupboards. She loves to unfold folded laundry. She loves taking tubs and splashing water; she puts her face down in the water and blows bubbles until I pull her back up! She follows Andrew around and wants to play with any toy he has. He wants to play with any toy she has too - it's exhausting playing referee. She still has no teeth but, that doesn't slow her down, she eats everything - food or not and much prefers self-feeding to spoon-feeding. She is a happy baby with lots of fun personality. She loves going down little slides (with help of course) and screams if I don't do it again and again. She is still a lovey cuddler. She sure doesn't like to sleep as much as Andrew but, she gets through the night and takes one good nap so it's good enough. She is just a happy little adventure baby and I'm loving this stage with her!
~
I just had to include this picture with the pink hat. I can't believe the Jazz did so bad in the playoffs with a fan like Dave...

6 comments:

Maughan"sters" said...

We have that same dump truck! That's great that you have a good neighborhood and street. We need to get together now that it is nice outside!

Sarah said...

That picture of Andrew riding in the jeep is so cute, I love his big smile!

Suzie said...

I've always wanted to live on a cul-de-sac, just for play purposes! I bet your front yard will provide hours of playtime this summer!

We need to get together! Let get going on this summertime!

{littlefam} said...

i love the picture of him watching t.v. what a doll! p.s. congrats on your new home - so fun!

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

Cute! I'm glad he found a friend..just don't forget about us old ones:)

Jill J said...

Beautiful kids! Whoa....how do you know the Seelys???? I know Kev and ang....Robyns bro in law :)