May 21, 2009

More summer fun

Have I mentioned how much I love this stage with Ashley? She is so happy and smiley, and so ready to have fun. She is so curious and independent and such a mommy's girl too.
I think she looks SO much like Dave, especially in this picture!
We enjoyed our first swim of the season, and Ashley's first swim ever! Thanks to Katie and her fam who have the best pool for kiddos! Oh how I love summertime! Ashley adores being in water and the first swim was pretty uneventful for her. Andrew stepped past the safety rope and fell in the deep end, luckily I was just a few steps away and he was fine but, my heartrate was up for at least an hour and I couldn't get the image of him submerged under water out of my mind all day. Andrew wasn't at all traumatized; later when I asked him about falling in he said that he screamed for mommy to help and that he made lots of bubbles. I wanted him to remember that it was scary but I don't think it worked because somehow he thought the bubble part was pretty neat. It just goes to show that you can't look away for even a second in the water. I feel like the majority of my time at home is spent cleaning up and the second I turn my back some little munchkin has created a new mess for me. This is one major reason why we leave the house each morning after breakfast to go somewhere...the park, the zoo, or just outside...anywhere that I don't have to clean up. Lately Andrew loves to pull all the small appliances out of the pantry, and Ashley loves to check if any food was left within reach.
I love this picture because Ashley looks so guilty and because Andrew is approaching her with a nice safe toy...just a wrench.
Andrew loves to ham it up
I'm a big fan of Thanksgiving Point. I even think it is worth the drive because it's so fun. We took our cousin Lizzie with us this week and met up with Michelle and Elle who now live in Alpine. We went to farm country and had a great time feeding the animals and running around. Last summer I couldn't get Andrew to ride a pony but this year he was so excited and happy to have his turn. He was all smiles and I didn't even have to walk alongside. Next time we'll go to the fun Children's garden, anyone want to come?

3 comments:

MJJarman said...

Ashley does look a lot like Dave. I love this stage with Emily too.

ps I have the same outfit for EM!

Suzie said...

She does look like Dave!! Your kids are lucky because you both have such big pretty smiles. We'll have to try the Thanksgiving Point some day!

Karly said...

Oh I just love pics of your kids... getting sooo big!