June 30, 2016

June Part 3 - End of June 2016

During Kate's swim lesson the other kids kept themselves busy playing by the giant tree in the front yard. Nate showing his big cheesy smile for the camera. 
Kate spent almost all her swimming time crying.
 Andrew and Ashley did one week of lessons with Alexa, just the 2 of them in a class. It was just a chance to swim and to have a teacher try to improve their strokes a tiny bit. I didn't stay to watch much but, I know they had a blast. 
We swim each Tuesday and Thursday afternoon at our neighbors pool. In June Kate never ventured off the steps. 
Hailey loved swimming and became independent too. She doesn't like to wear goggles but, she loves to swim. 
Andrew learned to dive better this summer and had fun with that.
Hailey liked to copy Andrew's diving. It was pretty adorable and ended more like a big splashy jump. 
Andrew's favorite thing is shooting at the hoop from the slide or diving board
Ashley
Kate happy on her steps
All that swimming wears us out! 
Kate asleep on the floor
Ashley's BDay present was a Polaroid Camera. She loved it and has taken some great pictures. 
Waiting at swim lessons again
Kate doing much better this day
Hailey loving the diving board! Her swimming made huge progress this summer!
Andrew and Ashley ready for their lesson
Another year of Allstar Baseball for Andrew. This was Andrew's first year in kid-pitch. This year was fun because Daddy was the head coach. The team was made up 13 boys; 2 about to enter 6th grade (who are young for their grade and able to make the date cut-off), 7 boys about to enter 4th grade and 3 about to enter 3rd grade including Andrew. I think 4 of them play comp-baseball. The team had some good talent and a few that probably shouldn't have been there too. Andrew liked it very much, though baseball is a more stressful sport to play. He did very well and deserved his spot. 
Andrew was nervous getting up to bat but, he hit well the majority of the time. 
Andrew played outfield, as did the other 3rd graders and some 4th graders. He did very well
The other kids had to find ways to entertain themselves during the hot, long games. 
Duck, duck, goose for all the little siblings
Headed to Cowabunga Bay! 
And exhausted on the way home
Some of Dad's Father's Day gifts
I love taking after church pictures because they just look so cute altogether. I hope they grow up and stay great friends. And look at that green grass, isn't Summer wonderful?!
Not a day goes by that I don't think about how grateful I am to have been given Nate. I mean, look at that sweet, handsome face! Plus he is so loving, cuddly and sweet. I love each of my children, of course. Nate though, being number 5, represents how lucky I am to have been given all 5 of my beautiful, healthy, precious children. They are my everything. 
~
I wondered if I needed a 5th, and then felt overwhelmed by the idea of having 5 and that maybe that was too many. And then, so grateful to have that many, and so blessed! Now, I only wish I'd had the wisdom earlier on to know that more children is not overwhelming just over-blessed. I would love to have one more, maybe even more. Dave is so very happy to be done and so we are done but, if I could go back I would, we would have another. 
After church lunch, and then off to a nap for Nate. 
 That evening we hosted family Sunday dinner to celebrate Ashley's Birthday a little more. Nate's hair was full of static. His hair, along with his poses, had us all in stitches. 
 Ashley had another birthday cake
 The cousins gave her some dog supplies. She was so excited! It was the perfect present for a dog-loving girl about to get a puppy! 
Playing some cousin games
Thoughtful Hailey made a snowman craft gift for our neighbor Bob. On it she wrote the words from the primary song she'd sung that day; I'm trying to love my neighbor. 
Haircut time for this handsome little Nathan man.
Andrew's scout troop went to a scout day camp for 2 days. The first day he came happy and tired too, and with a new pocket knife. 
 
 Andrew had a baseball game that night and he was so tired! Several of the boys were extra tired from busy days like his. I can't remember the score but I remember they got killed. Nate was ready to go in!
The next day I was a chaperon for Scout Camp. It was a long day and most the activities were painfully dull (as in everyone has to be so safe and careful that we can't do anything except watch). But, some of the stations were fun and the boys made the most of it. 
Andrew and Seth
Andrew and Carson
Seeing some other friends at lunch
Another fun, hot day at Cowabunga Bay. We love it there. 
 Kate loves the purple slide
Hailey does too
 Hailey and Kate are adorable sisters! 
 Ashley brought her friend Ellie this day
The zero entry pool made Katie feel safe enough to venture out into the water a little bit. That ended up being a big deal and she started being more brave even in other pools. 
The group for the day; 
Kate, Ashley, Ellie, Hailey, Andrew Nate and Charlie
 Kate was nervous but, she went down the yellow slide. It's much steeper and colder than the kiddie area. 
Hailey did it too but with her hands raised and a smile
Andrew and Ashley went to night games with friends at the school. When we got there Hailey wanted to stay so badly that I ended up having to stay since she's young. They had a great time playing while Kate and I played too. Nate was home with Daddy. Here's Kate rolling down a grassy hill.

No comments: