July 26, 2015

Newport Beach 2015

We look forward to our Newport Beach trip each year. I wish I were there right now. We got there and stayed in a hotel Friday night, then beach it from Saturday to Saturday. It's a dream. 
~
 This year was one of our best yet! The first Sunday was really rainy, Monday was overcast and the rest of the week was perfectly perfect. The kids were a dream and all the cousins got along great and had the best time playing together. I was sad to leave. 

Our first real day is Saturday. We don't have our beach house until the afternoon so we live out of the cars. We usually wear swimsuits but, it was rainy. The kids didn't mind a bit and went straight in, clothes and all. 

Kate and Callie

On Sunday we head to Church next door to the Temple
After Sacrament Dave and I took this crew home while the others stayed for more. We went for a walk and played under the Pier. 

Car Ride Selfies
  Baby Nate feeling the cold ocean water
On our way to the Tide Pools for our Sunday afternoon 
It was rainy, a little cold and so beautiful and fun
Ashley is always exploring nature and animals




 Our sleeping arrangements were tight but, I'm so used to having kids in our bed that it doesn't even phase me. Four of us slept sideways on the queen bed; Kate near the wall, then me with Nate and Hailey on the edge. I put blankets on the floor in case she fell off and she did, just once. In the morning I'd put pillows all around the bed because I would get out of bed while Nate kept sleeping but, when Nate wakes up he just starts crawling away without crying. Good thing I did because he crawled right off the bed with a happy soft landing a couple times! Dave slept on the floor on an Aerobed and Andrew was on the floor on lots of blankets. Ashley shared an Aerobed out in the living room with cousin Lizzie. 

Charlie, Nate and Lydia
They aren't cooperating but, this is the best shot I have of them together
Kate and Hailey are so close in size and are constantly mistaken for twins. Hailey loves to wear matching clothes with Kate. I always wanted twins, so they are mine. 

Kate

Hailey
The two cousin babies were napping but, here are my five and most the cousins

Zonked out Kate 

Andrew and Dave playing catch

Ashley chasing the seagulls and doing tricks
Zonked out Hailey
Andrew and Ashley bring scooters to go down the boardwalk. I rollerblade and push the double jogger stroller but, we make room for Hailey, so it's really a triple. 
Ashley and Hailey

Visiting the Wedge
 
Ashley and Callie giving Hailey a fly

Kate zonked out again. She napped most afternoons on the beach. Nate napped in my arms each afternoon too. Hailey napped about half the days. 
 Dave and Uncle Russ take turns going to 7-11 each afternoon for a round of Slurpees

Duck, Duck, Goose!
Buried Hailey
Buried Ashley

Nate really is the happiest, cutest, most pleasant, most handsome and sweetest baby in all the world

Little Old Lady Kate

Andrew and Joe playing catch

Out to sea! From left to right: Joe, Andrew, Hailey, Kate, Callie, Ashley and Lizzie

Lizzie and Ashley
Andrew adores Joe and Joe treats Andrew so well and takes care of him a bit too when he's too little.
Ashley got to be a great boogie boarder
Andrew is a great boogie boarder too
From left to right: Callie, Liz, Ashley, Will, Joe, Hailey, Andrew and Kate
Nathan turned 10 month's old! He is happy, handsome, sweet, ticklish and always ready to smile and laugh! He is a mommy's boy, a cuddler, a big messy eater and one of my everythings! He is one in a million. 

Nana and Nate

Beautiful, talented, adventurous, kind, sweet Ashley

We just had to stop to pet this dog on our way to walk the Pier
Late night treats. Yum
Playing at the base of the Pier
More Beach Sleeping for Kate
Dave won this year's Annual Horseshoe Tournament. Wahoo!

At Charlie's Chili for dinner

Just before we woke them up and started the very long drive home

No comments: