The kids had mustache day the last Monday of the school year. They remembered that morning and it was after Memorial Day weekend so we wondered if other kids would even remember. They wanted long curly "bad-guy" mustaches and goatees with dark permanent markers. I hoped they wouldn't be the only kids but sort of hoped they would since that would be so funny. Lots of kids remembered and all the ones that forgot did it at school.
Dave and Rich having their own handstand contest after Sunday dinner.
We snapped a few pictures of Ashley in her classroom during the first grade family picnic. Ashley developed some serious anxiety the last week of school (and first few weeks of summer). It was very strange, sad, hard and the opposite of her personality. She became clingy, sad, afraid and a little crazy anytime I left her or if she didn't know where I was. She also had a tummy ache whenever she felt anxious. That meant she was scared and sick and sad getting on the bus, going to lessons and primary, and when it wast time for me to leave after the 1st grade picnic. It also happened anytime I was out of sight at a store, even if I left the house to go to the mailbox or the bathroom without telling her. Luckily she is about 90% back to normal as I write this.
Mrs. Baxter has been the best teacher to Ashley this year and Andrew last year. I wish we could have her forever!
I was a volunteer for Field Day and had a great time taking Andrew's class around the stations. It is a crazy time but lots of fun.
This cute little bug got his first tooth! This picture was taken on June 4, 2015 and he was just over 8 months old. His bottom right tooth is easy to see. It first popped up about a week before this without him seeming to mind. He is wonderful!
Andrew finished up a fantastic baseball season! His team was undefeated during the season and won the championship too. He played so well! He was 2nd in the batting order and nearly always hit awesome and ran hard. He rotated between playing first base and second base and did awesome. He loved 2nd most because he could turn a double play sometimes.
See sweet Ashley watching through the fence
Such a wonderful boy
Champions! Way to go! Dave was the assistant coach.
Backyard Fun with neighbor Matthew
Silly sweet girl
Last Day of School party at our Bus Stop! I just show up but a couple awesome moms make the last day bus stop awesome with music, treats and banners. They even make a banner for my kids!
A couple of these sweet moms don't even have school aged kids yet, they just came to party.
All done with first grade!
All done with second grade! Andrew got dehydrated the day before and ended up throwing up in the night and missing the first half of the last day of school. He really wanted to go though so, as soon as he felt better I drove him over. He said he felt good at school but the bumpy bus ride home made him feel sick again and he threw up just before his stop. He was so embarrassed. Luckily we have the second to last stop so very few kids saw and I think they're all so excited that nobody noticed.
He looks ready to cry. Poor sweet kiddo.
Andrew and Ashley both got invited to different water parties. Andrew had a great time at his and Ashley was still struggling with being left so I had to stick around the entire time. Luckily it was at an amazing home with a playground bigger than any park so my littler ones were happy. In the picture below Ashley is sliding down...after I begged her to. Usually she is the first to try anything and having the best time so this was a difficult phase for both of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment