I love summer! I love having the kids out of school and no schedules except for a few lessons and fun plans. I wish it would last longer! This summer is extra short, only 10 1/2 weeks long. June was fun, busy, sometimes rainy and more fun!
A little water gun fighting at Nana's house
One of Ashley's best friends, Liam, moved away this summer. Just before he left Ashley got to go to his going away swimming party. She was the only girl, just like his birthday party each year. They will come home in 3 years which helps Ashley to only be sad instead of really sad.
Summer swimming lessons. Andrew, Ashley and Hailey each did a 2 week session of swim lessons in Alexa Norton's backyard pool up the street and then a 2 week session at Cottonwood Heights. They love it! Here's Hailey with Clara and Lucy.
I had a tiny dot on the side of my nose. It was a little white head but when it went away it bled a tiny bit on and off for a few weeks. I had just recently gone to the dermatologist for an annual skin check but, a friend's story about her sister made me want to go back. Turns out it was a very tiny basal cell carcinoma. It was removed and stitched up a few weeks later. Now I have to go to the dermatologist twice a year rather than once. I feel very grateful to have it taken care of.
Nate and Tate came to church in twinner outfits. Nate is one month older than Tate. It was pretty adorable.
Andrew went to scout camp with our ward on Monday and then again Tuesday. I got to go along on for most of Tuesday as a chaperon. His age group has 6 boys. Andrew had a blast, I think they all did, and so did I. On the first day he came home with this elastic gun he had bought for $8 at the Trading Post.
This activity was my favorite. They pushed each other so fast! The boy being pushed was usually smiling but sometimes terrified. The boys pushing got a good workout!
A little more swimming
A week or two after the surgery to remove the basal cell on the side of my nose it already looked pretty good.
Katie is timid and spends her time sitting on the side or on the steps
Hay Hay loves the diving board
Nate gets in sometimes and likes it. Some days he sits on the side and sometimes he sleeps. He is a pretty portable baby.
Ashley did a week of girls soccer camp at Skyline with her friend Teagan. They were the littlest...and the cutest.
Another day enjoying the water bounce house. This time it was Hailey got to invite over her friends Mary and Stella. Kate played too while Andrew and Ashley were away with friends.
Look at those cute teeth. Nate is learning and growing. He started rolling so early, and has been a mover all along. Now he started army crawling the first part of June and is getting better and better at getting where he wants to go.
I can't even remember why I did this but, I took a few pictures during church. That isn't the norm but, here they are anyway.
A family hike in Millcreek Canyon
Dave went with the ward for High Adventure to Hike King's Peak for a couple days. When he got home it was Father's Day. He ended the day reading books to his three beautiful daughters, like most nights. They adore him and he adores them too.
Dave also ran the Ragnar Relay Race. There were 2 vans, a women's van made up of 6 ladies from FM 100 or KSL and a men's van that Dave was able to recruit who he wanted for. So half of the FM 100 team was comprised of Dave's friends or ward friends; Tyler Walker, Thomas Mecham, Warren Pate, Adam Heckmann and Dan Madsen. They had a lot of fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment