Sweet Nathan was blessed in Sacrament Meeting on December 7th, 2014. Dave blessed him and was joined by Papa, Uncles Shawn, Russ and Rich, Honorary Uncles Josh, Ryan and Jared and the New Bishop Witt and first counselor Brother Mecham. (Dave was called as the second counselor in the new Bishopric in early November.)
~
Our ward starts at 9am this year. Dave before the kids were up for his Bishopric meetings. That left me to get all the cooking done, all 5 kids ready plus myself ready all before 9 am. I was blessed that morning with a baby sleeping on his own, and almost always feels that I've gotten up and wakes up as soon as his cuddling stops too. It was pretty amazing that I finished all of the food and and had everyone ready and to church at 9:02, all by myself. I found a nice bench near the front to sit on but, all of our family and friends were scattered around so, I was on my own again.
~
Our ward starts at 9am this year. Dave before the kids were up for his Bishopric meetings. That left me to get all the cooking done, all 5 kids ready plus myself ready all before 9 am. I was blessed that morning with a baby sleeping on his own, and almost always feels that I've gotten up and wakes up as soon as his cuddling stops too. It was pretty amazing that I finished all of the food and and had everyone ready and to church at 9:02, all by myself. I found a nice bench near the front to sit on but, all of our family and friends were scattered around so, I was on my own again.
~
When it was time for the blessing Dave came to pick up Nathan. Nathan had a white blanket that Grandma Karma had made and that each of my kids has been wrapped in during their blessing. Katie had seen the blanket that morning and had been carrying it around all morning. When I wrapped Nathan in the blanket and handed him to Dave, Katie started screaming! Luckily, Stephanie Witt quickly whisked Katie up and walked her to the foyer before I could even think of what to do and so that I could hear the blessing. Dave did a beautiful job.
~
Here are a few things he mentioned:
(notes)
~
After the blessing we had our family and friends over. I served a super yummy French Toast casserole with rich Caramel syrup, whip cream, and fruit, plus an egg casserole, yogurt parfaits and orange juice. Charlotte brought a fruit tray and Marianne brought some extra orange juice. We loved spending time with all our cousins, family and friends.
~
Nathan is sweet and wonderful. He is cuddly, quick to smile, attached, and happy. He is perfectly handsome, soft and strong. Just being with him makes me happy. Every expression and move he makes is precious and noteworthy to me. He is a gift. I love him like I can't describe.
We never guessed December 7th would have such warm weather. The kids were out jumping on the trampoline, playing with nerf guns and toy swords, and having a great time.
Nathan wore the same blessing outfit as Andrew wore when he was blessed in early December 2006. Each of my girls shared the same blessing dress too. Those 2 outfits, along with the 1 special white blanket they each shared, are very special to me.
.JPG)
I am often overwhelmed with the workload it is to raise these 5 precious, wild, independent, sweet children. I am sometimes an awesome mother and sometimes pretty rotten. But, I am also overwhelmed with gratitude for each of them. I love them each individually so very much and also feel so happy that I get all 5 of them.

No comments:
Post a Comment