December 28, 2012

More December

One weekday in December we decided to go to Temple Square that night. I loaded the kids up and we headed downtown to pick Dave up from work, to save on time. Before I left the weather turned nasty and while I was driving it got worse and worse. We knew it wasn't the best idea but, we hadn't had another day to go and we decided to try. What amazing luck! It was cold but, the rain and wind completely stopped and we had decent weather the entire time we were outside. The best part was that the bad weather meant no crowds and we were practically alone! Here are some phone pictures. 
See, no crowds!
 Andrew and Ashley have shared their bed for a long time now. I usually make a pillow barricade between them once they've fallen asleep but, this night I forgot. 
Dave has taken Andrew and Ashley each skiing separately two times so far this year. Ashley has learned so much! She spent the first day refreshing her skills on the bunny hill and the next time hitting the big lifts. She loves it and it's really fun for me to watch her videos (since I won't be skiing this year with Katie in tow) and to hear how people gush over such a tiny little girl whooshing by. She has great turns and a great attitude. She seems to do especially well right after a hot chocolate break. Andrew is speedy! He won't wait for anyone, which is why Dave has to take them separately until Ashley is at his level. Dave took him to Alta and then Brighton. At Brighton they skied all afternoon and into the night ski time. He just couldn't get enough. He is fast and fearless, and if you don't remind him to turn he would just go straight down from top to bottom! 

No comments: