Dave gave Katie her baby blessing in church on December 9th. He did a beautiful job. Katie was very fussy moments before the blessing but, calmed down and was quiet throughout. She really broke from the tradition each of her siblings, who all cried...no, screamed through their own blessings. It was so peaceful and nice. I felt overwhelmed with emotions of gratitude; for her, for my life's circumstances, for my Heavenly Father's love for my family, for Dave as her father, and for all the peace and joy I have because of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I felt so strongly that Katie is infinitely loved and so grateful that I get to be her mom.
We are very grateful that most of our family members could be there. And, we're really grateful for friends who came to be part of Katie's day too. It's a big deal that they would, and it helps our small families to feel a little bigger.
Ashley adores her cousins - I adore them too.
We couldn't do an open house before or after church, or the night before...we just couldn't figure out a time or way to do it when we and our families could come. So, the day went on and beautiful Miss Katie kicked and cooed happily on her blankets during Church.
After Church we went home and took some pictures, had a relaxing afternoon and got ready to host a nice family dinner at our house.
I love the picture above because she is so delicate and small. I love the picture below because of her happy smile!
My three daughters have shared this blessing dress. It is a gorgeous dress and it means a lot to me now. Someday I will cry when I pull it out and yearn for these days again. My growing children are my greatest joy but, also my greatest sadness. Great-Grandma Karma made the sweet white blanket that all four of my children have had for their blessing day. Karma died at the beginning of this year. She is Dave's Grandma, not mine but, she was sweeter (and funnier) than most anyone I've ever met and I miss her. She didn't get to meet Katie and it was special to have one of her signature blankets with Kate.
And a few pictures of the big sisters too. Andrew tries hard to stay far away from my 'after-church' pictures, he's hardly ever in them.
The Price Family. I always love when I have an excuse to have the family dinner at my house. I wish it happened more. It was so fun, and a perfect replacement for an open house. My kids counted down to "the party" for days and loved being with their cousins. It was a party for Katie and also a "cast party" for Hailey, since Andrew and Ashley have been wanting to through a party and celebrate the removal of Hailey's cast for over a month now.
I Have to include two shots so that everyone looks good somewhere.
The Warnock cousins, except Mac. Goofy, goofy kids!
A fun ending to a very sweet, special day.

















1 comment:
Beautiful girl, and that dress....
Post a Comment