December 29, 2012

Christmas Eve & Christmas Day!

We spent Christmas Eve at Dave's parent's home with his extended family. As always, it was really fun with games and great food. The grand kids always look so cute acting out the nativity. Except Hailey, who thought her adorable star costume was a torture chamber. There is something wrong with my good camera...it's been acting slow and blurry. 
I keep trying to capture a picture where all 4 kids are looking and smiling. Below is another attempt. I ought to let myself stop trying but, I can't. 
William, Andrew and Joe
 The cousins: Joe (12), Liz (7), Ashley (4), Hailey (2), Andrew (6), William (3), Callie (10) and Katie (3 months).  
Santa Came! 
I only decorate the top half of the tree on the years when we have a two-year old. 
Stockings too
Ashley woke up first at nearly 8am. She and I headed downstairs together. Hailey was talking in her crib next, so we brought her down and Andrew surprised us by sleeping the latest. He came down about ten after 8. They were all so excited! They had so much fun with their stockings and spent a long time with just those things, then we ate breakfast, then we invited Nana and Papa to come join us as we opened lots of presents. 
Of all the things they got Andrew's most favorite gift was probably the castle from Grandpa Bob. Ashley most loved her larger than life Rudolph Stuffed Animal and Hailey's favorite is probably her little buggy car. Runners up might be Andrew's bow and arrow set from Ashley, Ashley's Merida doll and Angus Horse and Hailey's pull along musical dog.
After that, we headed to Grandpa Bob and Bonnie's for more fun and presents. Then, a nice afternoon at home and Hailey even got to have her happy nap time. 
~
We spent Christmas Evening with Dave's family. The kids had a ball opening presents and stockings and being with each other. 
 Hailey got the world's largest pillow pet. Ashley got one like this last year but, Hailey's new dog is even bigger somehow! 
Andrew loves being with Joe! Andrew can't get enough of his older, boy cousins! 
Hailey and William: our thumb sucking, blankie loving kids! William is actually just 9 months younger than Ashley but, he loves to play with Hailey most. 
So lucky to have cousins. I'm so grateful for another wonderful Christmas, and especially grateful to spend it with our four children in these magic years!
The days between Christmas and New Years were sometimes a great rest from everyday business and sometimes sad and long, filled with sick kids and parents too. Poor Andrew and Ashley were pretty sick for a few days. Poor Dave rang the new year in all by his lonesome while the rest of the house slept. But, 2012 was a great year to celebrate and I just hope 2013 is more of the same! Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Karly said...

I just love the Price's! Happy New Year!