February 10, 2012

Ashley Cowboy Day

Ashley had Cowboy day at preschool and could not have been more excited. She wore her outfit the entire day before. Then, woke up early on the morning of and put it all back on by herself. I almost hated to fix her pants, which were on backwards, because I was so proud of her. We got to preschool a few minutes early and she could not even believe that a couple children had forgotten to dress up, and she felt so bad for the kids who didn't have bandanas! 
 She brought her little stuffed horse along, and was so excited when her teachers gave each child a new stuffed horse, just like the one she already had. She said it was his "new best friend" 
Yeehaw!
 And an unrelated quote from Ashley on January 19, after Dave made her a sandwich at lunchtime: 
"You going down Mommy because Daddy makes the best sandwiches"
~
 A few weeks ago during primary sharing time the children were given 2 options about choosing agency or no agency (but, guaranteed safety), and once they decided they were to stand up and go to one side of the room or the other. Ashley was the very first child of the entire primary to stand and make her choice. it was fun to watch her do that. She stood right up and went. Afterwards the primary president commented on that and I said, that I think that's probably just how it has always been for Ashley, and the primary president said that that's just what she meant. Ashley knows what she wants, regardless of anyone else, and there's no stopping her either!
~
I couldn't love Ashley more. She is enthusiastic, loud, sweet, loving, funny, and a tomboy. Oh how I love her. 

2 comments:

Heather said...

I love her "going down" comment! That is hilarious. You have some stinkin' cute kids!!!

Jill said...

She is so cute! You guys sound busy. Hope life is good!!! All of your kids are adorable!