November 17, 2011

Fall Happenings

These pictures could be titled something like, unsafe parenting, or what not to let your kids do, or stitches 101 but, the kids were having so much fun that I wouldn't stop them and amazingly no one was injured. We had new furniture delivered and couldn't believe how much cardboard and styrofoam there was. They laid the super long pieces of cardboard down our front porch steps and used the short pieces for sleds. They got a running start inside and jumped out the door and down the hill. It was wild and so hilarious!
One day later we were bundled up for our first snow fall of the year!  In the past Andrew has been so tough in the snow and Ashley's been so...well, not tough. But, this snow day Andrew was still pretty tough and Ashley surprised us all by lasting the longest of anyone.
 The snow has long since melted and our weather has been so pleasantly Fall-ish.When the sun is up each afternoon it's delightful to play outside but, once it's dark I remember the awful winter that is coming fast!
 The picture below is my beautiful baby Hailey with her beautiful Great-Grandmother, Karma. Karma has always been over the top nice, funny and full of personality. She is a crack-up and super talented. Everyone loves Karma. I went to visit Karma last week one day when her usual caretaker Charlotte was out of town. Karma is 90 I think, and has zero clue who I am anymore. When she opened the door she was kind and welcoming and ushered me in, and then asked me who I was. I tried to loudly explain that I was David's wife but, she doesn't know who David is either. Then I used the code word Charlotte and she knew I was somehow connected. She loved Hailey (who doesn't? really!) and although it was a nice visit, I couldn't help but think how nice it will be to talk to Karma again someday. I wanted to take a picture of Hailey with Karma since Hailey will never remember her great grandma, and even though Karma thought that was strange (since she still wasn't sure who I was), I knew she wouldn't remember either. Aging is so strange. 
Sweet Baby Hailey, she is wonderful. Hailey will be 15 months at the very end of November. She now has 12 teeth and continues to eat like someone twice her size, (although twice her size still isn't very big!)
 She is very ticklish, silly and wild like the big kids too. But, on the flip side she is such an easy good little baby. She goes down for naps and bed in a snap, she is easy to please and happy to be on my hip. She has been crawling now for just under 10 months and even though we thought she would be our earliest to walk, she has now become our latest! After 10 months of crawling she still shows no signs of ever wanting to walk!!! 
 She loves to be in the dryer. Actually she loves to be into everything. 
 

2 comments:

Maughan"sters" said...

Brandon and I always joke that all we need to get the kids for Christmas is boxes!! Cute Karma...that will be a fun picture to have of the 2 of them.

Jill J said...

That is hilarious. It makes me smile to know you let your kids do that. I hope you tried it too!