November 29, 2011

Disney on Ice

We took our kids to our family's first Disney on Ice show. I was so happy with how darling, engaging, and fun it was, and not at all like the circus (which I loathe). We had really great seats and the entire show was fun. The skating is pretty amazing too. This first picture is when the show had begun and I asked the kids to look at me for a picture - they put on their cheese smiles but couldn't pull their eyes from the ice. 
 We thought about getting a babysitter for Hailey because I thought she'd be bored and squirmy but, she sat on my lap and watched just about everything. She is so lovable. 
Ashley started grabbing Hailey's hand and really got her laughing. 
 Our only attempt at an almost group shot. 
 The toys and souvenirs for sale are outrageous! The family seated in front of us bought 2 little slush drinks in take-home Disney cups. Guess how much they were...$15...each! Luckily, I had packed a purse full of treats and also luckily, Andrew and Ashley are usually pretty good about when I tell them no to toys or expensive treats but, it's a little harder in a place like this, so Dave bought them one huge popcorn to share, which was only $6
  My kids especially liked the parts with Captain Hook, Lion King, and Mickey and his friends. 
All very Disney, all pretty cute.

3 comments:

Maughan"sters" said...

You were brave to take them all! We only took Ash! I wonder if we were there the same night!

Brittni and Jared said...

I've always wondered how the kids would like it. Glad to know it is worth seeing!

Karly said...

I'll have to take Miranda... Good to know your kids did so well!