April 27, 2010

Hodgepodge of April Pictures

The kids made their own fun one day with a piece of cardboard (which they play with almost everyday) while rocking out to the music from this toy. I got there just in time for a few pictures of the silliness.
I've been waiting for Ashley to fit into this outfit (and several others) for a long time! This is a size 12 months and so she should've been wearing it last June but, it dwarfed her then. Now it is fitting just perfectly and I'm excited to get to use all the cute clothes I bought for her last summer! I'm sure she'll catch up but, buying clothes for her right now is pretty tricky.
It's soooo nice to have good weather; even just decent weather makes everything seem happier (especially me)! Playing outside equals a happier, more worn out Andrew and Ashley.
The kids got their first taste of sprinklers for the year!
Ashley loves playing in water but wasn't so sure about having it spray uncontrollably at her face. Here she is sporting another 12 month outfit - I'm so glad my money didn't just go to waste!
Look at that sad face! He just wasn't ready to go in yet. Oh how I love those pretty green eyes!
Other fun events/blessings:
*I can feel baby girl kicking all the time now; I love that feeling. She is real to me now.
*Warmer weather!
*Countless fun outings to the park.
*Long trips to the zoo.
*A fabulous trip to the Children's Museum today with some of our favorite friends and nearly no crowds!
*Andrew started TBall! He loves it and is a total ball hog, he ends up with the ball 75% of the time. Ashley spends the time seriously practicing on her own at an extra Tee.
*Ashley started a little dance class (which Andrew loves going to also :) She has something of her own (even if Andrew does love it).
*I have a new calling which makes me smile endlessly. Primary is magic.
*Kids liking to swim already, can't wait till the outdoor pools open up.
*Ashley will wear bows and not take them out.
*I chopped my hair short again - ahhh, much better.
*Andrew's neighborhood buddies knock on the door every day to come play and ride bikes. I'm grateful for sidewalks, and for kind neighbors who let them run wild and feed them cookies.
*This time of year
Happy Spring!

5 comments:

Matt said...

Wow your kids are cute. You'll have to teach me how to do "girl hair" sometime...ok, well, maybe when Lilly has hair! :) I love the piggie tails on Ashley! Speaking of hair...we need to see pictures of your new short 'do! I'm tempted to chop my off again too...it's kind of liberating, eh?

Karly said...

It cracks me up everytime I put Miranda in 12-18 month clothes (which is way too often). Glad to see others in our boat! Your kids are growing up soo fast... they are darling!!!

Annie Van Komen Albrecht said...

I am jealous that you get to use your 12 month clothes now. I have to buy Cole 2 sets of clothes each season. He grows too fast. It is EXPENSIVE.
Ashley's piggy tails are so cute!! If I wasn't 9 months pregnant right now I wouls say it maakes me want to have another and try for a girl.
I hope you are feeling well.

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

Cute pictures Ash! I have to tell you..everytime we get in the car to go somewhere Owen asks "Is Andrew going to be there?" even if it's Smith's..it cracks me up!

Becca said...

So cute!

Amen to the good weather (even though it's pouring rain right now). I'll take it.

Happy hair chop!