April 1, 2009

So much to Say...

March was a busy, whirlwind month! We've been so busy that I have taken fewer pictures this month than any other since Andrew was born.
~
Here is a summary of our month, it's long but, this is journaling for me more than anyone else:
~
We lived with Dave's parent for the first 3 weeks of March so that we could start showing our old home (without having to constantly clean up after 2 little ones) and while we waited to close on/clean/move into our new home. Thank you Prices! I have the world's best in-laws and living there was actually pretty fun. I also learned a few new recipes and realized that setting the table only takes a moment but, does look much better and teach good habits. While there Andrew requested to start sleeping in a big-boy bed. The transition was completely painless! He continues to sleep 3 good hours each afternoon and he doesn't get out of bed until I come and get him, it's awesome, he is the best sleeper. Ashley became more used to other people while living with Nana and Papa. She'll go to others more happily now, whereas before she always cried if anyone besides me held her.
~
An update on Drew Man: Andrew's favorite place to go is the Gateway Children's Museum, so we go a lot! He likes the zoo too but, mainly just for the train and carousel; he always chooses to ride the giraffe. We borrowed Toy Story and Toy Story 2 this month and he loves them! Now he runs around with a Woody Cowboy Hat all the time and says funny things like "I come in Peace" "PorkChop" and "Howdy, Howdy, Howdy". He pretends to have lasers on his arms (like Buzz) and says "I have two lasers, want me to show you? they blink" He is a great little singer and his favorite songs this month are 'You've got a friend in Me' from Toy Story, 'I am like a Star' from Primary and 'Doe a Dear' from The Sound of Music. He is very sweet (except during tantrums) and so so so smart. He learns more all the time. He calls Ashley Baby Cakes and gives her nice hugs. But, he takes whatever toy she is playing with, even if he doesn't really want it, so we are trying to work on that. I say 'I love you so much', then he says it back and gets really frustrated if I say it back again, he has to be the last to say it - he's competitive. His favorite foods are: edamame beans, cooked carrots, most anything with ketchup, cheese, milk, strawberries with a little sugar, and of course sweets and junk of any kind. He is all boy and has loved finding new things in our new house to climb on and jump off, and new places to throw a ball. Update on Baby Ashley: Ashley is the happiest little baby girl and so cuddly cute. She had her 9 month doctor appointment last week. She is oh so tiny, she weighs 15.35 lbs: 3%, measures 27 in: 29%, and her head is exactly 50%. The funny thing is that she eats and eats and eats. When she was brand new she would stare at our food longingly and as soon as she could grab she started reaching for our food. She doesn't have any teeth yet but, she eats just about everything. She loves broccoli, strawberries and grapes, and well everything I've ever given her! She still won't take a bottle but, she likes water in a cup or from a straw. Ashley is super ticklish and has a great belly laugh. She is quick to smile and loves the ba-ba and da-da sounds most. She has a cute little babble and squeal, high pitched and sweet like a chipmunk voice. We are happy that she has her own room now because she is finally sleeping better, though she wakes close to 7 each day and loves to come into bed with me, she is such a lovey snuggler and a complete Mommy's Girl! Although she is sleeping better she is not sleeping great - she is just not a great nighttime or daytime sleeper. Just last week Ashley became mobile - hooray! I am so happy because even though I know a lot of kids start moving later than her, I can't help but compare her to my quick crawling Andrew. Her crawl is unique to say the least! She uses both arms at the same time and then both legs, like she's swimming! But, she is hapy to be moving and I'm sure she'll just pick up speed from here. She loves to be loved and talked to, loves toys and always wants to be near the action. Sadly, these are the only pictures I took all month, and her hair looking pretty tomboyish...oh well. We have a new nephew! We are so excited to have a new cousin, especially a baby boy! This is William who was born the middle of March. He is Dave's sister's, Kim. He is super cute, big and healthy!
We closed on our new home and spent a solid week cleaning and moving in. We love it here! We have space to move and grow. Andrew runs and runs and runs. He loves his "new house" and to my surprise he hasn't missed the old one at all. This house is only one mile to the southeast of our old home in East Millcreek. Like I said before, it was a short-sale, and we got a good deal so that makes it even that much more lovable! The only downside is that we said goodbye to our old ward, stake, and callings, which was hard.
Our other home is For Sale, and it is darling...if you know anyone please send them our way, Thanks :) (see the post below)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

We should have taken picture of Andrew and Olivia in their cowboy hats the other night...bummer!!!

Karly said...

OH MY GOODNESS! Your new house is ginormous! HOw fun for you! Really sad that I didn't even know Kim was pregnant... What a cute kiddo!

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

Cute house!!! And cute pictures..PLEASE don't forget about us over here!! We need to get together..I will call you..We are finally all better...(I had a stupid sinus infection) and now we are ready to PLAY!

katherine said...

love the update!! i miss you!! i will have to come over with the kids and see your new place sometime!! hope you are well, let's catch up soon!!

katherine said...

ps, my 4 mo. old is way bigger than your 9 mo. old. she is tiny for her age, and he is huge for his age. go figure.

Maughan"sters" said...

We will have to meet you at Gateway soon. Let me know when you guys go again. Do they still let you bring other people in on your pass?
ashlyn was exactly 1 pound bigger at her 9 month check up. She has thinned down since she started crawling.
Your new house looks great...a big driveway to shovel!

Marci said...

Love the new house! It really helps to have room to grow! I bet the ward misses you like crazy though. We sure miss you all!

Suzie said...

Loved the new house! No wonder you were so excited!

Kim Goddard said...

Leslie I love the new house! I am so glad that you are liking it! Cute pictures of the kids. Keep in touch! I will call you when I get those seeds! TTL