Nate the Ninja Turtle!
We visited Grandpa Ostler for a couple of hours on a Saturday afternoon. Andrew had just finished up a basketball game in a tournament with his Black Mambas team. They won! Dave and Andrew met up with the rest of us at Grandpa's house. Here is what I recorded about it that day;
A long overdue visit to my grandpa this afternoon left me feeling grateful. My adventurous kids were in heaven exploring the pastures and run-down barns, chasing his sheep and feeding the neighbors' horses. He is my kids' last living great-grandparent. He has the best smile! I lived at my grandparent's home for 3 years as a child. Those weren't great years for my family but being there today reminded me that it had been magical for me. I had endless space and freedom to play, adventure and be a kid. Not one thing in the house has changed and some of the sights and smells nearly took my breath away. My heart is full and I am grateful.
I lived there for all of 3rd, 4th and 5th grades. Everything really looks just as it did then and that made it so easy to remember several experiences and things I had loved to do. Ashley just finished 3rd grade. Watching her enjoy the land was so neat. I could see myself in her and remember that excitement and curiosity.
Sunday cuties!
Katie's November preschool program included showing a talent. Katie chose to show how she can skip and twirl. When it was her turn she skipped around the room and then did two twirls. It was adorable. When she finished she sat down and everyone clapped. Her cheeks flushed pink just a little bit, just like Hailey had done in these programs. She sang the songs and did a great job!
They made a "Family Plate" and Indian out of rocks. At home we had to make a clothing pin doll about an ancestor. She chose Sarah Ostler.
Katie had a playdate with her friend Truman. They set up these booby traps for me. Good thing I decided to laugh or I'd have been pretty bugged.
Nate is a great driver. He leans into the turns and goes fast!
We went with the Farnsworth cousins to the South Town Mall to see the Harry Potter exhibition. Unfortunately, everyone else did too so the line was about an hour. Kim waited in line while I took the kids to the mall kid land and nickelcade.
I didn't have any nickel The kids kept searching for coins under the machines. They each found so much! It was super gross but, they loved it and got to play the games.
When we finally got into the Harry Potter land we realized that it was just a store to sell expensive merchandise and it was pretty lame. They liked this Quidditch game for about 5 minutes. Ashley bought a pen that looked like a wand and everyone got a small candy. Oh well.
We took a trip to Cold Stone to use some of the kids' gift cards from Reflections.
Happy Thanksgiving! We went to the Zoo first thing in the morning with Rich and Marianne and Kim and her kids. They all left after about an hour or so to rush to their Thanksgiving Dinners but, our dinner wasn't until a little later and the kids were having the best time so we stayed for several hours. On Thanksgiving the zoo gives the animals special foods or toys. It's extra fun because the animals are more active.
We ate dinner at Grandpa Bob and Bonnie's and had a nice time. I didn't take any pictures. We have so much to be grateful for, especially one another. I love my family so very much and feel lucky everyday that I can have them all.
~
At Temple Square to see the turning on of the lights. We met up with the Farnsworths for a few minutes before they left to go to dinner for Kim's Birthday.
After Temple Square we went to dinner with Nana and Papa at Litzas Pizza. Kids and restaurants are tricky but, we did pretty well.
Katie will start ski lessons in December so we got her started in the ski rental program and brought home her skis for the season. Nate liked them best of all.
Beautiful Hailey as a very, very loose front tooth!
Sunday Night at Nana and Papa's for a fun Thanksgiving Dinner.
No more front teeth!
Nate loves to wear his swords and guns like a real pirate. But, since he won't wear anything except for pajamas he doesn't have pockets and needs to put the guns and swords in his pants. He is sweetness to the max. I literally cannot get enough of him.
Happy November! It's one of the best months of the year! We love to celebrate our gratitude and also, have a little more down time with sports in a lull. It's a wonderful time.
No comments:
Post a Comment