Cute Katie. She never goes anywhere without a fancy tutu. She loves necklaces, bracelets and headbands. She asks to sleep in curlers about every other day. She is a cute girl and I love her style!
Katie's ward playgroup at our house. It was a gorgeous fall day perfect for playing outside.
Hailey's class celebrated the 50th day of school with a 50's party. I was one of the volunteer moms and I had a great time.
We had 4 tickets for the fancy seats at the Jazz game and 2 tickets for the Utah football game at the same time. So, Nate went to play at Charlie's house, I took Andrew, Hailey and Kate to the Jazz game and Dave took Ashley to the Utah game, with Lizzie too. We all had lots of fun!
~
First we went to the Jazz dinner and the kids couldn't get enough of the all you can eat options.
Meanwhile at the Utah game.
I think we spent almost half the game in the restaurant area that comes with these nice seats.
November means a visit to our favorite Santa for our annual picture. I love these pictures lined up. It is so fun to see how they've grown, and crazy to think how quickly it all happens.
On the way home from Santa. I was pretty proud of them for doing such a great job!
Katie got invited to a birthday party for Tate and Addy from her soccer team. The family owns Kangaroo Zoo and invited families to come too. So, Andrew and Ashley were off with friends and I took the 3 little kids. They had a fantastic time!
Hailey and Clara Hinckley
Kate and Mandy Hinckley
This year I am Katie's primary teacher. One Sunday was Charlie Smart's birthday and he brought rice crispies for the class. It's a pretty fun class to teach and I love being with Katie!
Nate and Daddy as Chase and Rubble from Nate's favorite show; Paw Patrol.
Katie
More Katie. I can't get enough of how cute she is!
Nate being a rockstar! He puts on this "serious" face to rock out!
Hailey getting dropped off at school. The kids should take the bus but, they never do. Andrew has safety patrol every other week so I always drive them those days to get his there before 8:45. And on the other weeks we use the extra 15 minutes for piano, spelling practice or just sleeping a few minutes later.
Daddy and Kate had a Daddy Daughter Date to the Jazz game. She had fun but, unfortunately she was too tired to really enjoy it and even fell asleep!
Reflections at Upland Terrace!
Andrew, Ashley and Hailey each entered in the same 3 categories: visual art, literature and photography. Andrew won a medal for literature, Ashley won a medal for photography and Hailey won two medals for both literature and photography. Each child gets a Cold Stone Ice Cream gift card and for each entry, so they came home with 9 gift cards. They each felt very special for winning and I hope they each felt accomplished for trying something out of their comfort zone. Somehow I don't have a picture of Andrew...?
Hailey was the VIP for the week in Mrs. Baxter's class. One day she read a book to the class, another day she showed a poster all about her, another day I got to come eat lunch with her and also do a special activity with the class. She chose to teach the class how to make paper snowflakes. It was so simple and so fun. The kids wanted to do more and more. I love Hailey! She is our VIP all the time!
Kate and Nate just hanging out on the mailboxes.
Cute Hailey
Andrew after a basketball game with the Black Mambas team.
A trip to This is the Place
Andrew didn't come but, we brought Nathan Jones along.
Hailey and I had a date to the Jazz game.
Dave's Grandma Gretchen passed away in November. There was a small service here in our ward building and then the Price clan took a quick trip to Oregon for her burial.
We were able to have Charlie during the day while they were away and Russ was at work.
Andrew and Ashley had a piano recital. They each worked hard on their two pieces. They knew them well but, each of them got a little nervous perhaps and forgot the beginning notes for one song. It was funny that it happened to both of them. They recovered and went on to play just great. I guess we learned a few lessons about preparation, or trying to keep your calm, or maybe that we sometimes make mistakes and it's not that bad.
We had to rush out of the piano recital as soon as they'd finished playing, without even listening to the other children, because Andrew had his Arrow of Light scouting meeting at the exact same time. Randy Maxfield ran the meeting and was did a fun, great job. Andrew really enjoyed it and is now ready to move from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts.
When we got home Andrew created this display on his wall all on his own. I thought that was pretty great. He is a good boy, and still a very sweet, innocent, boy who tries hard to be good and to please. He is kind and tender. I hope he can keep that sweet goodness always.
No comments:
Post a Comment