December 31, 2016

Post Christmas and Happy New Years 2016


On December 26th we woke up and the kids loved playing with their new things. Dave and I took down almost all of the Christmas decorations. I love Christmas and the whole Christmas season but, getting rid of the clutter of decorations feels so good. That afternoon while Nate napped (and Dave stayed home with Kate and kept putting away Christmas tree). I took Andrew, Ashley and Hailey sledding with Russ, Callie, Liz and Will. It was a great day to sled! 
Hailey and Will

In the background to the right is Andrew with a green sled. He saw a few friends and sledded with them for a bit too. 

The next day we headed to Costco and bought a new couch for our nearly finished basement. The kids had the funnest time playing between the giant boxes. 

Hailey asked for a cupcake set for Christmas. This was an incredibly easy, fun gift to give. She had fun making her first set of mini-cupcakes. 

One of Andrew's Christmas presents he wanted was to go back to Top Golf. So Dave took Andrew and Ashley with Uncle Shawn and spent the afternoon. They had a great time and this time they were on the second floor which was extra fun! 

The next day was Wednesday. We went to the Children's Museum at Thanksgiving Point and brought a few friends along too. Kim and her kids (except Joe) joined us too. 

Ellie and Ashley ready for the Ropes Course. 

Charlie and Andrew ready too. 

I spy Ashley way up high!

There's Andrew up there! They have both gotten so brave and good at the ropes course. It's fun to watch them go. 

Hailey, Will, Nate and Kate.

Home to play for a bit

Ashley's good buddy Liam came to play while his family was in town. These two cute kids have lots of fun together. 

Tubby Time! 

Even with all the new presents of Christmas, everyone loves a cardboard box best!
Sleeping down in the family room in the big boxes! I joined them for the fun. It was crowded but, they loved it. 

December 2016 meant snow, snow, snow! 

New Year's Eve is our cousin Charlie's 2nd birthday. His family is building their home and so we hosted his Harry Potter party at our house. It was a blast! We had it all, costumes, food galore, activities, games, games, games, piƱata, and fireworks. 

Hailey is Crookshanks the cat, Kate is Hedwig the Owl, Andrew is Ron, Ashley is the perfect Hermione, I am Madam Trelawny and Nate is the perfect Draco Malfoy. Dave was a muggle.

Will was Harry Potter (and Charlie too, I think)

Callie and Liz with photobomb Ash! 
Wand decorating
Potion making

I made my own Dementor PiƱata.
Here's all of our costumed guests. We had about the same number of Muggle guests. 

Cakes for Lydia and Charlie for their birthdays

Nate wanted to join the cake babies!

Fireworks! It was freezing!!!

Prisoner Sirius Black
2016 was a wonderful year. I am grateful for it and sad to see it go. 
Praying 2017 is a happy, healthy, safe year for our family. 

No comments: