July 21, 2016

July 2016 - Part 3

Nate is usually home napping while we swim at the neighbors and I use my phone and the home line as a baby monitor. But, this day we got to go in the evening so both Daddy and Nate could come too. 
Honestly, everything is more fun when Dave is there. 
Nate and Kate loved jumping up and down with Dad.
This summer Andrew figured out that he loves diving in.
I don't remember why I did but, one lazy summer morning at about 8:30 am I snapped these pictures of my sleepers. Hailey and Kate had both migrated to our bed and Ashley was on the floor in our room. Have I mentioned yet how much I love summer days?!
Later that day we went to Cherry Hill. I don't take many pictures at waterparks because right now cameras and phones aren't waterproof. I love that though because I end up enjoying my time more when my phone is hidden away and can't distract me. 
Nate's favorite thing is for sure the hose! He loves to "work"!
Another summer afternoon we went to the Splash Pad in Sandy. It's free and has lots of features to make it super fun!
Hailey
Kate
Andrew, Ashley and Landon H
Plus Hailey
Hailey
 Like all children, Nathan loves water play. 
Ashley
There is a playground there too
Andrew
Ashley
Andrew's Allstar Baseball team finished their season. They played well and had a great time. Andrew hit very well for the most part and did everything that was asked of him. He doesn't like the pressure of being up to bat but, he really did quite well, especially considering he was the youngest on the team.  The team lost and was out of the tournament one round earlier than I would've guessed. It didn't matter though, they had a great time playing and it's wonderful to be done with twice a week practices and tournaments. We hosted a backyard movie night for the boys and their families. They had fun goofing around and eating popcorn. 
  
Sometimes on a hot July day it's fun to go iceskating! The big kids always beg for iceskating, it's so funny.
Katie, Nathan and I watched from the side and whenever someone wanted a break they'd come play with us. 
 Hailey loves to be a crazy driver
 I love this picture because of naked Nate in the back! 
Ready to play ball! 
Nate has an excellent throw! 

On Sunday, July 17, 2016 we went to Church like every Sunday. We have 9 am church this year so we were gone from 9-noon. After Church Dave always stays for duties with Bishopric and I take the kids home. We pulled in the garage and Ashley went in the house first while I was getting Nate out of his carseat. She popped her head back into the garage and asked "What's this?" and she was holding random contents of my purse. I asked her why she was getting into my purse. She said she wasn't, it was on the floor. I walked in and saw that the things in my purse were on the floor. Then noticed my purse itself was gone. Then noticed that all the cupboards and drawers were open in the family room, kitchen and dining room. By then it had been about 1 minute and it clicked that we had been robbed. I called Dave from the home line as I rushed the kids to get back in the car. We drove back to church. My phone was plugged in up by my bed but I didn't dare go get it in case someone was still in our home and so I was without a phone. Dave was interviewing someone for a recommend so we waited for a few minutes then all went home together. The thieves had broken a window in our basement with a pocketknife that they left in the window well. They'd gone through everything but obviously in a hurry. They stole our iPad, kindle, an external hard drive, jewelry, watches, perfume, colognes, new shoes, even used shoes, spare keys and garage door openers. Luckily they didn't take anything we couldn't replace or the few things that are important to me. Everything they stole would've been worth very, very little to them or for resale, but to buy it new, and to fix the damage and to re-key the house and garages cost a fortune. Plus to close all our accounts was a hassle. We are grateful our insurance was easy to work with and helpful. The police came but, we were never able to find any information to catch the criminals or get any of our things back. Our neighborhood has had so many break-ins in the past year. (As a side note, a month or so later 2 thieves were discovered living in a vacant home for sale that is really close by on Millcreek Canyon Road. They had lots of stolen property. I don't know if they robbed us but, since they have been gone the crime has dropped immensely.) 
The children felt scared, especially Andrew, who at first worried that if they had stolen my purse and wallet that they also now had all my money, and now we would now lose our home. 
Later that day, Heather Hill brought us a plate of the most delicious cookies (I wish I could make them that way!) and a sweet note. It really did brighten our spirits. 
I felt angry and decided I wouldn't let a burglary change the happy summer that I wanted to have. That night I took Ashley and Hailey to visit June and the other puppies. I was able to talk to another family who had been robbed a few years earlier. I can't believe how common it is. 
The next day we got to take June home for a few hours. 
 June is in for a lot of crazy play with these kids
Ashley is in heaven
 We took June home and went to Cowabunga Bay in the late afternoon. I love it there. 
Kate zonked out
This day Andrew brought his friend Landon R and Ashley brought Lauren S. Hailey wants to bring a friend so bad but, she really isn't old enough yet plus I don't have another seat in the car. 
Hailey and Kate both snuck in our bed again! I don't mind at all, they are so cuddly, cute and warm but, Dave can't sleep so he needs a pillow barrier to make it work. 
One more home visit for a couple of hours. She'll be coming home to stay really soon and Ashley and Hailey can hardly wait! 
 
 Andrew and Joe at the Rodeo that Papa helped coordinate.
Kate dressing up

No comments: