May 31, 2016

May 2016

I love to take pictures after church at least a couple times a month. Nate is too busy to be bothered with posed pictures most of the time. 
Classic bum shake for Hailey
Pretty Ashley playing with Nate at bedtime
Hailey and Kate have lots of play dates with Jemima and Jersusha Johnsen
Hailey has a playdate every Thursday after preschool at Mrs. Palmer's, with her ward friends and classmates Stella Madsen and Laney Olson. This day we hosted and went to the Millcreek Park to play. 
Hailey is more interested in fun dress ups than any of my other kids! She is constantly surprising us in a costume. 
Nate LOVES water play
Mrs. Palmer's preschool had a performance every month. It was a neat experience and good practice for the kids. They each had a speaking part each month. May was the last performance. She was darling as always. She feels a little timid in these types of things but always does a great job and speaks up well. She did a great job on her speaking part. 
Hailey and Sam Jarman talking about gardening
Dancing around the May Pole
And dancing with a partner. I don't think any of the kids really like this but, it's pretty cute! (The month before she danced with William Swensen (green tshirt on the left). They were all dressed like cowboys. We have video of the dance that is priceless. Hailey and William were the most funny, animated and fun dancing pair I've ever seen.)
Playing after the program
Hailey and Stella
Hailey the Dalmation Puppy just jumping alone on the tramp early one morning
Nathan has got to be the sweetest, happiest, fastest to smile baby boy around!
Andrew's scout group at the zoo. 
From right to left is Cole, Rigby, Carson, Andrew, Seth and Matthew
These little girls get worn out! Katie puts herself down for a nap about every other day. Hailey naps once or twice a week. This day they'd chosen matching outfits with shirts that say "Most Awesome Sister" and fell asleep like this. Most days they love it other so much. I hope all my children will remain close now and always. 
Cute Nato Potato
He is almost 20 months in these pictures
Nate loves to jump on the girls' bed and cuddle up too
Andrew is so handsome! Even when he's trying not to be.
On Mother's Day I wanted a picture of the sweet kids that call me mom but it wasn't going very well! Dave got home from Bishopric duties in time to help me out. 
I love my crew. They drive me crazy and fight with each other all the time. But, I love them so much. I'm so proud of each of them. I constantly wish I could freeze time and wipe our calendar clean so we could just be. 
Some Mother's Day notes made during Primary
Andrew made me laugh with My Job: Change a diaper. I'm glad he knows that I say 'I love you'
Ashley's is pretty spot on. She's a talented writer and bright too. 
Hailey is so cute. I'm 100 years old!? I eat crabs!? I love Las Vegas?! But, I sure do love her! I love to tell her that too.
Kate is so sweet. She had me laughing that I say 'Time to go' and that if I had time I'd pop popcorn. It's so fun to read these gems. 
I can't possibly keep all these treasures but I do hope I can someday see these pictures and remember just how wonderful my years as a mother to young children are. Hard because I feel like I'm always making mistakes and coming up short but wonderful because I love them each so very, very much and feel so much love from them. I'm trying hard and they do have wonderful little lives mostly. 
Andrew's extra sweet card and note. He is a wonderful boy. I often say how lucky we are to have a boy like him. So sweet, talented, bright, aware, capable, happy, loving and good. He isn't perfect, nor should he be but, for me he is the perfect child. 
Ashley's extra card says "Happy Morthers Day Mom! I love you mom! You are the best! For seven years now you have raised me. Thank you. I love you so so so so so so so much! Happy Morthers Day! From: Ashley To: Mom. Ashley constantly exceeds all expectations. She is incredibly hard working, competitive and motivated. She is so sweet, smart, loving and fun to be with. Ashley is special, wants to choose the right and can feel the spirit. 
Hailey has learned so much this year. It is so fun to see and read her writings. She is sweet, happy, funny, loving, affectionate, smart and cute as a button. She has so much personality in that tiny little body. She wants to be loved, no she needs to be loved. She is wonderful. She is so fun to be with an easy to love.
 Kate and Nathan are each too young to give me a card but, my love for them is fierce. Kate is adorable, fragile yet tough as nails, shy and then crazy, timid and then brave, sweet and then so funny. It will be fun to see what personality traits shine brightest as she grows. She is full of love and cuddles and oozing with sweetness. Nathan is my little heaven sent treasure. I feel an extreme gratitude that I got him! He is everything wonderful wrapped up in a beautiful baby boy. It is so rewarding to be his mom. He could not be cuter. 
Nate's smile for a camera cracks me up every time! 
We visited Mrs. Dana's chickens when we dropped of registration papers for Katie to start preschool the next Fall. This is where Hailey went for preschool the year before Mrs. Palmer's, and Hailey loved Mrs. Dana so I hope Kate does too. 
Play dates for the little girls! 
Hailey had Remy over and Katie had Millie, Charlie and Truman over to play on the bounce house. 
Hailey can catch some big air. She was still working on taking a bite of her apple mid-slide. 
We spend a lot of time outside. We're all just happiest like that. Nate might be a baseball player someday. 
Or a basketball player. He is so cute. 
Backyard playtime with Daddy
Annual Fun Run at Upland Terrace. 
2nd graders lined up to start. 
Half way through and Ashley is in first place for girls with only a small lead.
Over at the finish line she came in First Place for girls, with Kylee W second by about 20 seconds I think.  Including boys, Ashley was about 5th.
Ashley in first and Kylee in second. Way to go girls! The rest came in much later. Ashley was so happy and proud of herself. 
Next up were the 3rd graders. Andrew was doing great! 
He ended up in 4th place. Great job! 
Andrew and Landon H. Good kids! 
 
Hailey loves to create. She made this for her friend Laney who is moving very soon. It is a game made of lollipop wrappers.
Just another beautiful spring day
Warm enough for more play in the Water Bounce House
Charlie and Nate
After Church
Hailey's primary teachers sent her home with some movie size candy boxes. She was so happy!
Our FHE activity was bike riding at the church parking lot east of our street. Hailey loves finding Roly Poly bugs!
Andrew loves to climb the walls of the church. He goes so high! Yikes
Lots of Love for Nate from Ashley. She is an amazing big sister to him. So loving, careful, kind, fun, sweet and happy. 
Another after preschool playdate. Hailey has Stella, Laney and Jemima, Kate has Jemima
Hailey is oozing with personality and style. She's also oozing with creativity, sweetness and fun.
More bike time on our street
Andrew's baseball game. We feel like we go to a lot of baseball games. His team did really well! In the regular season they won 8 out of their 10 games. In the tournament at the end of May they won each game and were the Champions! 
Babysitting Sailor Clark. Nate loved having his own friend! 
And Kate got to play with Truman. One of her favorite friends! 
Our garden is growing! We even got a strawberry! 
Kate and Jerusha having another playdate and dressing up
And Hailey with Jemima
Upland Terrace Carnival. Ashley was off with a friend. It was a sugar overload and lots of fun. 
Kate was asleep in the car afterward in no time at all.
Another baseball game and Nana came too!
Ashley at Ballet rehearsal for the big recital. Ashley doesn't love dance. She's very good at Jazz and Tap but, Ballet is too slow for her liking. We'll keep it up for a couple years and see how she feel. 
Crazy Hair and Messy Face Kate at Cafe Rio
Beautiful daughters
I don't know why poor Kate is so sad here! 
Hailey at tumbling
Kate at tumbling
 
I guess I didn't take any soccer pictures this season! 
Andrew's team was undefeated and he did great. He continues to show a talent for the sport. He excels most as a forward. He generally got 1-2 goals a game, and great passes, assists and smart plays throughout.
Ashley's team is awful. She has to run the whole length of the field and play every position because there are only 2 others who can play. Ashley made 90% of her teams goals. In one game they tied 3-3 and Ashley had made all 3 of the goals. Ashley shows a great talent for soccer. She is very fast, aggressive and is getting some great scoring. I wish her team had more skill so she could learn true positions but, for now it is what it is. Ashley's coach had a conflict and so her team didn't go to the team picture day and instead just did their own. 
Hailey is on a team that is made of a majority of girls. Hailey works hard! She gets in there, running and kicking the ball and trying her best. She has fun and leaves happy! 
Her team had a year end pot luck to play, eat and hand out medals
Andrew entered the Home Run Derby for the Broncos over at the Ball field. 
He WON 1st Place! What a kid! How exciting! 
 
Upland Terrace Playground
Say Cheese!
Katie and Nathan having fun jumping on the couch together
Hailey made this super soft bed for herself in our room
Some friends from the ward and neighborhood went to dinner to say goodbye to Kim Olsen who moved a few days later. We miss her family!
Ashley's tap class parent observation day. She is quite good! 
 
Andrew's team won the championship! Here they are after the game feeling pretty excited! Andrew hit very well and fielded really well too. He felt proud of his finish and grateful to be invited to be a summer All-Star and to have Daddy asked to be the All-Star Coach.
Team Pictures for Baseball. Andrew is the super handsome boy, front center.
Hailey's preschool graduation performance. She loved her year at Mrs. Palmer's and will miss her teachers! It is an incredibly nurturing and loving environment. 
Hailey's class was the top row. She's third from the left.
Hailey did a cute job singing each song and doing the actions. She did great for her speaking part too. She also had to say what she wants to be when she grows up and she said "Animal Rescuer" 
Miss Rebecca, Mrs. Palmer and Miss Suzy
Hailey, Laney and Stella
Cute ragamuffins on the trampoline
Last Day of Music Makers for the School Year. 
At the bus stop for the Last Day of School! Wahoo! 
Hailey and Kate decorated signs to celebrate the Start of Summer Break! 
Waiting at the Bus Stop! 
We had our 3rd annual bus stop party with food, treats, music and lots of fun. Tons of kids came to this bus stop instead, just for the fun. 
Way to go Ashley! All done with 2nd grade! 
Way to go Andrew! 3rd grade is in the books! 
After the bus stop party I took Andrew and Ashley and several of their friends to the Annual Bounce House party hosted at the Garff's home on the S-Curve. I don't even know this family but, each year they invite everyone to come and it is really fun. The kids had a great time. 
Then Ashley (and her friend Ellie) rushed over to Mindi Cheer for their Parent Day. It was fun to see what she's been learning. She did do her round off back hand spring alone but she sure didn't want to. 
That night we hosted Backyard Movie Night for all the kids' friends. It is a super fun tradition that the kids all love. We usually do 3 each summer. We serve snow cones and popcorn and most bring a snack to share. We had a huge group which was really fun. 
Nate in nursery
Hailey posing with one of her best friends Laney, on her last day in our ward before her family moved. 
After church. Such beautiful girls, inside and out. 
Nate's real smile is charming, handsome, priceless. His 'say cheese' smile is fierce, cute and hilarious!
May is actually the most busy month of the year. It is filled with so many Spring sports, end of year performances, school events and activities. It is a fun month but, sometimes overwhelming too. I try to live in the present and enjoy each time and phase but, if I'm being honest, I spend a lot of May trying not to forget anything, scrambling and looking forward to June.  

No comments: