After my tonsillectomy I came home and slept off the anesthesia. By nighttime Nate was ready for mom time again and came to cuddle and eat my ice chips. I felt well enough and was in and out of bed all the time.
Dec 17
Hailey's December program at preschool. I wasn't able to go since I'd had my tonsils out the day before so Nana went instead. I watched the videos and beamed with pride.
~
Hailey with Mrs. Palmer
The kids wore their PJs, sang Christmas songs and danced too.
Each child shared a family tradition with a prop. Hailey brought the picture of her and her siblings with Santa this year and explained how we visit the same Santa each year.
Hailey brought home this picture of herself in a frame as a present. She then re-wrapped it and taped it so much that was practically ruined but, her heart was in the right place.
A few friends, neighbors and ward members brought us dinners after I'd had my tonsillectomy. I was so grateful for the help and considerate meals of pastas and soups for my hurting throat.
~
Nate enjoyed his spaghetti
Nate loves to play peekaboo. This was an extra messy game.
Kate still needs naps but, doesn't want one
I can't remember the circumstances of this picture at all. She is a sweet and pretty girl. Despite the weather she would much prefer to be barefoot or in sandals. She hates the feeling of socks.
Ashley got to go on a date with Papa to the Jazz game. She has a fabulous time and came home with some free loot that the kids always love.
A letter to Santa from Ashley
After Church Sunday, Dec 20th. I didn't go to church this week so looking at the picture now I'm wondering why Nate was dressed for church, since he probably stayed home with me....I can't recall.
Hailey is constantly making cards and presents for others. She wants everything to be just so.
Sunday night Christmas Party at Grandpa Bob and Bonnie's house. I wondered if I'd be up for going and luckily I was, though I was exhausted by the time we went home.
~
The littlest kid table for Hailey, Kate and Bonnie's grandkids: Brewer and Adam
Hailey, Adam, Kate and Brewer playing Bingo
The kid table: Ashley, Andrew, Ethan, Alyssa, Mac and Damon
This party always has the best games!
Grandpa Bob and Bonnie got their own funny jammies when we all got our traditional presents of socks for adults and jammies for the kids.
They were twinners with cute Nate too
With all their grandkids
The kids love to take Kate's small toddler bed mattress and set it up like a slide to climb up and slide down over and over.

Andrew and Dave went to the Jazz game and so did Kim, Callie, Liz and Will. After the game they visited the KSL studio.
I really wanted to give Charlotte and Pat a formal picture of all their grandkids, to include the 3 new babies born since the last picture. Just a couple days before Christmas, on the 22nd, Kim, Marianne and I pulled it off. I found a studio and made an appointment, we picked a color scheme (grey, khaki, navy and white) and hoped it would work out. Afterwards, Kim and I stayed to pick our 4 favorites to be printed. We each had some frames that I put them in and wrapped it all up for Christmas.
~
Joe, Callie, Lizzie, Andrew and Ashley were nearly flawless smiling in each picture. William, Hailey and Kate were really good too, looking good in most pictures. Nathan smiled so well, I was so pleased. Lydia wasn't happy but, she wasn't crying so she looked pleasant. Poor Charlie was pretty sad but that's ok, he still looked nice.
We didn't order this one below but, Nate loos so sweet leaning in that I just love it.
This one is a favorite for me
We didn't order this one either because of Charlie and Lydia but, it's pretty cute of the others.
These two (above and below) are very similar. I'm not sure which we ordered.
After pictures Kim had Andrew, Ashley and Kate over to play. Nate came home to nap and Hailey wanted to stay home and we had fun playing just the 2 of us. Later, I picked up the kids and brought Lizzie to play in the snow at our house.
Dave and I took Andrew and Ashley to see Ballet West's Nutcracker on Dec 22nd. Again, I wondered if I'd be up for it with my throat but, each day was a little better and I took a pain pill to help too. It was a really fun night!
One of Andrew's friends dropped by a Christmas present that was a box of jelly beans to play a game with. Half of the jelly beans are disgusting and the other half are good but, you can't tell which is which. So, you take turns and get points for picking a good one.
The bad ones were so bad they sent us running to the sink or garbage to spit them out.
December 23rd
Gingerbread House. We made it, ate what we wanted and threw it out all in an hour.
Dave, Andrew and Ashley have season passes at Park City which is now merged with The Canyons Resort too. Here they on Christmas Eve, riding the Gondola from Park City to Canyons. They have become great skiers!
Nana and Papa's Christmas Eve party
Dave and I brought all the games. We had fun games just for the kids, just adults and combined too.
This team of girls won the first kid game.
Nate is an exceptionally loving and happy boy
The nativity. Andrew was mortified to be chosen as Joseph because his 2nd cousin Ashlyn was Mary and her brothers teased him that they were married. Andrew hates that kind of thing. When the Nativity was all through he told me about it and was sad for a few minutes about having been teased .
Ashley always wants to be the sheep or donkey. Hailey and Kate were angels. Nate was a shepherd but it didn't last long since he hated wearing the clothing.
Singing carols
We headed home very late and got everyone to bed. It was easy because it was late, we were all tired and everyone was so anxious to be asleep before Santa made his way.
~
The stockings
All stuffed inside
This pile of presents is exclusively from Hailey to other's in our family. She worked for weeks wrapping more and more treasures and and art projects she made. It really is the sweetest trait.
On Christmas Eve I had just a couple little things to wrap and then laying it all out.
It was fantastic to be prepared early! Here it is all ready for the big day!
Christmas Morning! Hooray!
Andrew, Ashley and Hailey woke up at a reasonable time, close to 8 am. We headed downstairs with them to check out the magic! It was wonderful! They were so excited to see that Santa had come. They dove right in to their stockings.
A little while later Kate woke up too. The bigger kids had fun showing her what they had already seen and watching her look through her stocking too. Nate woke up soon after. Nana and Papa came over and joined us for breakfast. For the past couple years I've made the delicious Kneeder's french toast casserole along with eggs, fruit and sausage. It is so sweet and so yummy.
Kate was with me when I bought this purple Care Bear. She loves it so.

Hailey wanted everything she saw in a store or commercial. She ended up with a kindle, teddy bear, frozen toys, doggie vet set, a Paw Patrol set, a robe she picked out and several small toys and things. She is at a very easy and inexpensive age! She, Kate and Nathan will share the new Jeep Truck too.
Later in the afternoon Grandpa Bob and Bonnie came by. They always buy each child one nice present that we ask for specifically. Andrew got a nerf gun, Ashley got a guitar (huge hit), Hailey got a pop up Frozen tent (biggest hit), Katie got Disney mermaid figurines that she loves to play with in the tub and Nathan got a toddler size play-on slide that he uses all the time.
We spent the afternoon enjoying each the new presents and time with each other, and relaxing at home. That evening we headed to Nana and Papa's house for dinner and of course, more presents.
Ashley loved her new blue coat, that matches Lizzie too! She rarely takes it off.
Kate really loved her Priness Castle
When Nana asked what she should get for Nate I said he really didn't need anything and jokingly said that his favorite things are cords and utensils. She got him a small box with an extension cord and some beads. He actually did quite like the cord, though I'm not sure that's the best thing to teach him. So funny.
My beautiful girls checking out their stockings
The babies. Nate is easy to get to smile but, we couldn't get a shot of all three.
Andrew got a remote control car that is so fun. At the end of the night he drove it around while the other kids laughed and laughed.

~
The stockings
All stuffed inside
This pile of presents is exclusively from Hailey to other's in our family. She worked for weeks wrapping more and more treasures and and art projects she made. It really is the sweetest trait.
On Christmas Eve I had just a couple little things to wrap and then laying it all out.
It was fantastic to be prepared early! Here it is all ready for the big day!
Christmas Morning! Hooray!
Andrew, Ashley and Hailey woke up at a reasonable time, close to 8 am. We headed downstairs with them to check out the magic! It was wonderful! They were so excited to see that Santa had come. They dove right in to their stockings.
A little while later Kate woke up too. The bigger kids had fun showing her what they had already seen and watching her look through her stocking too. Nate woke up soon after. Nana and Papa came over and joined us for breakfast. For the past couple years I've made the delicious Kneeder's french toast casserole along with eggs, fruit and sausage. It is so sweet and so yummy.
Then we started on the presents.
Ashley loved her new bike (her last bike was run over a few months ago when it was left behind the car by a play date)
Nate loved playing in the new Jeep
Andrew was surprised to get a BB gunKate was with me when I bought this purple Care Bear. She loves it so.
The big gift of the day was an XBox. I'm still not sure if it was a good idea to get one. Andrew likes it very much. The girls aren't interested at all. We have strict rules to keep Andrew's playing time to a minimum; none on school nights, 30 minutes on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Andrew with his loot. Because of the cost of the XBox he was spoiled this year. He got a BB Gun, Nerf guns, the XBox, scout clothing, a kindle and some fun board games. We bought an extra XBox controller and let him decide if he wanted to buy it for $60 or not and he did.
Ashley's list was so cute. She wanted a few board games, a stuffed dog, stuffed zebra, a blue coat and a sewing machine. She also got a bike, a kindle, some boots, a couple bracelets, a lego set, a magic set and a Nerf gun. Hailey wanted everything she saw in a store or commercial. She ended up with a kindle, teddy bear, frozen toys, doggie vet set, a Paw Patrol set, a robe she picked out and several small toys and things. She is at a very easy and inexpensive age! She, Kate and Nathan will share the new Jeep Truck too.
Even easier than Hailey is Kate. She wanted a Care Bear, teddy bear, Paw Patrol figures and a Frozen toy. She also got a play doh set and a few other figurines, toys and trinkets.
Nathan is obviously the easiest since he is too little to know what we're up to. He got a few baby toys just for fun. Later in the afternoon Grandpa Bob and Bonnie came by. They always buy each child one nice present that we ask for specifically. Andrew got a nerf gun, Ashley got a guitar (huge hit), Hailey got a pop up Frozen tent (biggest hit), Katie got Disney mermaid figurines that she loves to play with in the tub and Nathan got a toddler size play-on slide that he uses all the time.
We spent the afternoon enjoying each the new presents and time with each other, and relaxing at home. That evening we headed to Nana and Papa's house for dinner and of course, more presents.
Ashley loved her new blue coat, that matches Lizzie too! She rarely takes it off.
I love my family!
The whole cousin crew
Opening more presents. Hailey loved her Paw Patrol set. Kate really loved her Priness Castle
When Nana asked what she should get for Nate I said he really didn't need anything and jokingly said that his favorite things are cords and utensils. She got him a small box with an extension cord and some beads. He actually did quite like the cord, though I'm not sure that's the best thing to teach him. So funny.
My beautiful girls checking out their stockings
The babies. Nate is easy to get to smile but, we couldn't get a shot of all three.
Andrew got a remote control car that is so fun. At the end of the night he drove it around while the other kids laughed and laughed.
It was a very, very Merry Christmas! How blessed we are to be together. I feel such gratitude for my family and hope that we can have many, many more happy years spent together. The spirit of Christmas is so real and so wonderful. I love my Savior and Heavenly Father and feel such happiness in celebrating the birth and life of Jesus Christ.
The day after Christmas we went to the Little America Cafe Restaurant for dinner with Grandma Suzanne and family.
Nate and Grandma Suzanne. She loves babies.
Sweet and Beautiful Ashley
Nate is always climbing
Andrew, Ethan, Mac, Alyssa and Ashley
Lately when Nate smiles at someone he puts his chin up and gives a big cheesy grin. It's pretty adorable.
The grandkids sans Damon
After dinner we crossed the street to the Grand America to see their Christmas windows.
Christmas is over but, we're still enjoying looking adorable in Christmas jammies and finishing up Christmas crafts. I love having the school break to be off schedule and take it easy!
Nate has fun playing with his slide! This was his present from Grandpa Bob and Bonnie.
The last Sunday of December
Sunday Dinner a few days after Christmas. Charlie pushed Nate around in this stroller and we all got the biggest kick out of it. They are adorable.
Cousin Lydia's birthday is December 28th. For her 1st birthday party everyone went bowling. We love bowling and had a fun time.
Kate is adorable in every way.
Hailey was already our official Holiday decorator (seriously, she has decorated for the past several holidays for me) and gift maker and gift giver extraordinaire. Now she's adding mismatch fashionista to her resume.
Our kids have a lot of play dates. During Christmas break we didn't do too many. It was wonderful to have time just together. This day Ashley had Becca over and they played out in the snow and had a great time together.
Andrew joined in too
Trying out their new Volcano Set
Pie Face is the popular game this year and almost impossible to find. We got one for the New Year's Eve party and first tried it out at home. It's so fun and has everyone laughing.
Catching a nap before the New Year's Eve celebrations.







No comments:
Post a Comment