January 4, 2015

Christmas Break

I love when the kids don't have school. They fight, make messes  and drive me crazy but, I love to have them around, I love not having a schedule to follow and I love no homework. We had a great Christmas Break! The kids did lots of fun things and had lots of down time too. 
~
Dave, Andrew and Ashley had some ski days, 3 I think. 
 Plenty of time spent being wild!
 After a rough patch together Andrew threatened to run away. It was a freezing night! He left out the front door and came right back in declaring that he was just getting a blanket, and went back out. We told him we hoped he'd stay but it was up to him. We waved goodbye then waited a few minutes. When we opened the door to go find him he was curled up in a ball on door mat. I tried not to laugh but, I couldn't help it and I laughed...a lot.
 Sledding with the cousins 
Joe and Andrew popped the tube!
 Cute little Bear
Home from sledding and sleepy
 Iceskating 
For some reason, this time skating Andrew and Ashley struggled for a bit. Their skates were too tight, too loose, they fell a lot more, they were whiny. It was rough. Then about half way through the 2 hours they were having fun and doing better. Andrew came home with a giant heel blister. 
 Hailey, Kate, Nathan and I watched and watched, that was hard too. 
Hailey begged to go so I paid for her skates and sent her out. Dave held her armpits and she went around the rink 1 time and was done. 
Tried out some new curlers. 
 Relaxed
 In funny places too
He doesn't suck his fingers usually but, sure did for this nap. 
  Andrew had a lot of fun at a Carnival Birthday Party.
 Katie set up the table just right for lunch with her babies. 
On New Year's Eve Andrew had about 8 or 9 friends over to the ward building to play dodge ball and other fun games in the gym. Dave pretty much ran that party while the little kids and I played around too. Ashley was with us for a little bit too but, then she left for a cookie party at her friend Ivy's house and was there most the night. That very day Aunt Kim had delivered our new cousin Charlie and so later that night, Uncle Russ brought Callie, Liz and Will to party and ring in the New Year at our house. We all had a great time. Here's handsome, happy Nathan perfected his roll. 
 He has been rolling from back to belly since a few weeks before Christmas, so at about 2 1/2 months. He started laughing then too. He laughs best at Ashley jumping. 
After a great Christmas, a fun New Year's and a wonderful long Christmas Break we said goodbye to 2014 just like that. What a wonderful year!!! Nathan was the highlight of our year of course and what a high light he is! 

No comments: