We live on the best street ever and our neighbors are awesome. We had a fireworks show at the end of the circle almost every night for a week leading up to the 4th. And the fireworks just kept getting bigger and bigger.
For the first night our cousins joined us too.
On Wednesday night we were thrilled when we found out we had the night off from Andrew's baseball so we spent the evening at Seven Peaks. Andrew and Ashley love all the slides with Dave while the little girls and I spend our time at the kid land.
~
Thursday we swam at our neighbors pool and that night went to watch the fireworks show at the old Granite High. It was really nice.
~
Friday was the 4th of July. We went to the East Millcreek Parade just down the street from us. Dave, Andrew and Ashley scootered as part of the parade. Hailey did not want to be in the parade, she wanted to gather candy, no surprise. So Hailey, Kate and I found a shady spot near the end of the route to watch and gather candy. Nana, Papa, Kim, Callie, Liz and Will joined us.
Here they come
Callie, Liz and Haze
I wish I'd taken a picture of Ashley's hairdo, it was so cute. I saw this darling idea on facebook for a star design and so we tried it and it turned out so perfect.
At the end of the parade route is the carnival with games and bounce houses. The kids love using tickets to buy games and try to win trinkets.
Lucky Ashley was the only kid in our group to hit a target with the shooting game. Andrew managed to win a few things from throwing games.
During the afternoon Dave took Andrew and Ashley to see the movie Malificent while Katie and Hailey napped. That evening we went to the Farnsworth's for a BBQ and I was in charge of desert.
Poor Callie had to pose with screaming Kate for the picture
Ashley was talked into a beard face painting. That night we went to the Holladay City fireworks which were really fun too. By the next morning we were exhausted but, poor Andrew had to be at baseball practice bright and early at 8 am.
Sunday after church. I had had a hard day and was completely checked out so I snapped only a couple shots and am not at all surprised that this is the best one.
Hooray for the 4th of July! It is always one of my favorites!

























No comments:
Post a Comment